Any Asian-import automobile. The term "Rice Burner" is derived from the cars' origin, in Asia, where rice is a very abundant food (it's a starch). In order for a car to qualify as a Rice Burner, it must:
1) Have a 4-cylinder engine, also referred to as a "Four banger"
2) Be of Asian origin, and produced by an Asian automobile manufacturer, such as: Honda, Toyota, Infiniti, Lexus, Kia, Mistubishi, Suzuki, Subaru, Isuzu, or Acura, to name a few
3) Be small and compact, as most Asian imports are
4) Be extremely ugly, as most Asian imports are
5) Have an extremely annoying, and extremely poor-sounding muffler and exhaust system because the cars only have 4-cylinder eninges, which are totally worthless
6) Have a four banger that makes a petty amount of power and torque, that a kid on a bicycle could beat to 20 mph. Here, there is an exception however. The Mistubishi Lancer Evolution, and the Subaru WRX STi are the most powerful Rice Burners sold in the United States. Although they make upwards of 260 hp, and they should be given atleast a little bit of respect, they are still considered Rice Burners because they meet the rest of the requirements, and a car that slips through the cracks of this definition could be devastating to my credibility
Most Rice Burners are modified by their foolish owners. Several owners choose to bolt cheap, crappy parts onto their Rice Burners, becuase they are foolish and they think this makes their crappy car look "cool." These parts can include: even crappier sounding mufflers and exhaust systems that are usually extremely restricitve, abnormally large, useless and overdone rear spoilers, rather ugly body kits that do nothing for the cars' aerodynamics, unproportionally large wheels, often chrome, that can slow the cars' acceleration and lenghten it's braking distance because of the mass of the wheel, underbody neone lights that are illegal in most states to drive with, front wheel drive that is worthless, and last but not least, retarded sound systems that most of the time take up so much luggage space its not even funny, that eat the cars' battery alive, and taht disturb the peace by playing retarded rap and gay person pop because that is what is considered "cool," but is really not because most of today's population does not realize how incredibly awesome Rock is.
My Rice Burner sucks and it sounds like poo.
|Rice Burner images|
What every 16-20 year old who's seen "The Fast and the Furious", or "2 Fast 2 Furious" is likely to drive. Usually running a ridiculous amount of negative wheel camber due to the car being lowered without getting an alignment done, wheels larger than can reasonably fit in the wheelwells (giving lots of tire rub), a 3 foot tall aluminum wing, under car neon tubing, "Type R" decals, a boost gauge (esp in a normally aspirated car), and has the overall appearance of an automobile onto which every advertiser in Super Street has barfed a part.
Required equipment includes a 5 inch exhaust tip on an otherwise stock exhaust system, a 4 million watt stereo system that, from outside the car, seems to do mothing other than vibrate the rear hatch glass, and every aftermarket gauge that the local Pep Boys carries (not necessarily connected to anything).
Not to be confused with a "tuner car", which may be quite a bit faster than anything you've seen away from a racetrack.
My friend's sixteen year old brother had a really fast Chevelle, but fter seeing the Fast and the Furious, he traded it for a 17 second rice burner.
To qualify to be a rice burner, you must:
- have Stickers that add hp
- have a Fartcan that adds hp
- have cut springs that increase cornering capability
- have a hatred for muscle cars because they have less hp per cubic inch
- have no idea what porting heads or the word camshaft means
- think that turbos automatically take your e.t. from 16 to 10
- constantly brag about beating Camaros and Mustangs to your friends, but when they're riding with you, you won't race them because "they're not worth it"
- dangerously weave through traffic like a maniac and piss off everybody else on the road
- play your music loud enough to wake the dead
What can I say? We need riceburners. If everyone had a car like mine, I'd have no one to make a fool out of. I hope people with riceburners newver "wake up". I look forward to seeing that look of disappointment on their faces for years to come when they blow their engines with a 100 shot of nitrous (not "NOS") and still lose to me.
1.The ability to "trick out" your moms civic with high end parts from the automotive section in your local SUPERwal-mart. (watch out for those falling prices!)
2.Any low end "import" with a foldgers coffee can for a muffler...(the best part of waking up...is foldgers in your cup!)
3.Usually your average 4 cylinder, front wheel drive car with a park bench for a "spoiler"
(i.e. "racing in a rice burner is like racing in the special olympics...even if you win, you're still retarded!")
Badly modified car made to look fast but most probably running the original 4 cylinder engine with less than 100 horse power. Usually Japanese, although, there are a few European and American examples about.
Identifying features include:
* Ear piercing fart like sounds produced by the exhaust.
* Loud music coming from the car.
* Badly modified lowered suspension makes the car bounce dangerously even on the smoothest of roads.
* Often seen wrapped around the tree.
* Often driven by spotty teenagers with their equally spotty girlfriends on the passenger seat.
* HUGE wings made out of sheet aluminium.
Oh look! Another rice burner wrapped around a tree.
n. 1. Originally coined by oldschool bikers in the early 80's, a derogatory and borderline rascist term used to describe Japanese and other import motorcycles which were not Harley Davidsons or made in the USA.
2. Adapted from it's original meaning in the mid 90's, a term used to describe an R-Type vehicle based on the phrase "riced up", which denotes a heavily modified car that is usually an import, where the cost of the actual modifications usually exceed the vehicles bluebook value.
1. "That Kawasaki Ninja isn't a real bike, it's just a piece of shit rice burner"
2. "You bought that Honda Civic for $8,000 and put $16,000 worth of junk into that rice burner"
any car that sounds less intimidating then a weedwhacker.
A person so poor that they put a coffe can for a exaust and a wing to fool people in to think its an air plane.
Civic or accord with airplane wing and coffee can exhaust.