1. A movement away from danger or a confrontation, back along the original route.
2. A withdrawal from a position or point of view to one intended to lessen conflict.
3. A withdrawal of military forces following a defeat or preceding a change of position.
4. A signal, usually a bugle call or drumbeat, telling soldiers to perform a retreat.
5. A period of quiet rest and contemplation in a secluded place.
6. A quiet secluded place where people go for rest and privacy.
7. A place where people or animals go to avoid danger or capture.
8. A place for the long-term care and treatment of people who are incapable of caring for themselves.
9. Period of seclusion: A period away from normal activities, devoted to prayer and meditation, often spent in a religious community.
1. To move back away from danger or a confrontation.
2. To withdraw from a position or point of view to one intended to lessen conflict.
3. To withdraw following a defeat or prior to a change of position.
4. To recede or fall back from a previous position
when the glaciers retreated.
5. To move a chesspiece back to an earlier position.
1. The bear had the hunters in full retreat.
2. Their retreat from a previously inflexible position.
3. The american army retreated.
4. The general ordered retreat.
5. An hour of retreat.
6. A safehouse or sanctuary.
7. Like I said: a sanctuary.
8. A retreat hospital.
1. They retreated back into the house.
2. They fled to the river.
3. They retreated back from the enemy.
4. Run like hell.
American: "You frogs sure retreated fast when the Germans came a knocking."
Frenchie: "Yeah, and if they tried it a third time we'd retreat again! Twice as hard!"
The premature ejaculator beat a hasty retreat.
The way a person looks while walking away; often a judgement on his/her posterior.
That girl has the sweetest retreat I've seen in a long time.
1. A spiritual getaway
2. To surrender, withdraw (i.e. military battle)
3. To treat yourself again
1. I'm going on a retreat to become closer to God
2. I'm French.
3. Retreat yourselves to some Twizzlers.