1. A significant change to a song while still preserving its original melody, a small change is called an edit. Remixes are very frequently performed in the EDM genre to the point where they are almost expected of any decent song. In the EDM genre remixes can be performed by the original artist, a permitted artist, or as a bootleg remix. Presently, remixing has become popular with rap/hip-hop as well though it is done quite ineffectively. Remixes performed by secondary artists on EDM music are generally considered a sign of great respect and appreciation whereas secondary artist remixes in rap are considered mockery or theft (because we all know that music is an industry, not an art medium)
2. Generally, any alteration to an existing object.
3. The act of making a remix.
1b. The court case G-thugg v. Yung Jackass was settled earlier this afternoon in which Yung Jackass was sentenced to pay G-thugg $2 million, the amount of money that Yung Jackass made off of his remix of G-thugg's song "Spinner booty in the club while gangbanging in the hood. Chevy Avalanche."
2. Have you played Midnight Club: L.A. Remix?
3. DJ Tatana plans to remix AVB's Shivers sometime next week.
2.When someone needs to relax, to chill, calm down
3.Expression used when someone wants or needs something better, or upgraded, or of a higher level (remix)
2. "OH MY GOD I FAILED MY EXAM!!!"
"yo man, i think you need the remix..."
3. "This computer is too slow...i need the remix..."
Alex: I don't listen to remixes bro their for mindless drones.
Tommy: Why is that?
Alex: There just meant to make more money out of basically the same song; seems like a talentless effort for me.
Tommy: roger that.