1. Search for the truth instead searching for a belief that makes them feel good about themselves.
2. Serve God instead of themselves or their own desires.
3. Completely accept the Bible as the complete, authoritative source of information about God.
4. Take it upon themselves to be Christian rather than expect clerics to serve as proxy Christians for them.
5. Obey God's word because they love and respect God enough to obey Him, instead of working even harder to come up with excuses not to obey God.
6. Do not introduce man-made philosophies or pagan customs into their worship and pretend that they have something to do with Jesus.
7. Obey God rather than men when the two are in conflict.
8. Do not follow self-appointed prophets or messiahs.