1. A primitive and non-descript word used to connotate the blossoming mass interest in the undeground scene of electronic music, drugs, and parties. The word came to full-flower in the late 1990's, but took a turn for the worst in the early 2000's. By then, a wave of drug overdoses, emergencies, and public fear cast the word into mainstream television use as more and more reporters, entirely disconnected with the culture, beat it to death in the daily news. This ignorance was greatly exemplified by adding a hypen and the word "party" to "rave", which was totally unnecessary, but kept the aging, elderly people who vote good and scared, until they had almost completely eliminated any event that ran over a single day.
2. Directly after the word "rave" was thrown on the trash heap of words that cool people no longer said, it remained unused for a period of several years. A re-surfacing of the word eventually took place, with it now being used as a symbolic word, tinged with sarcasm, to mean, roughly, "beat," or "beaten to death." The new use is characterized by a completely lack of enthusiasm.
1. Tom Brokaw- "Do you know what your child is up to? Many go to all-night rave-parties and take ecxtasy, a drug known to cause brain damage in rats."
Friend #1: What'd you do last night?
Friend #2: My homework.
Friend #1: "Rave."
1) n. any gathering of people centered around listening to and dancing to electronic music, as played by a set of live djs. Originated in 1989 in the UK as underground, often illegal gatherings in abandoned warehouses. Often characterized by the positive, psychedelic atmosphere, influnced often (but not always) by drugs and casual sex.
2) v. to dance in a style characteristic of dancers at raves, synonymous with fluid, liquid
1) There is this awesome rave tomorrow night in a warehouse downtown; all these famous djs will be playing
2) Some clubbers don't like it when I rave to hip-hop music ;-)
An organized underground party involving music and dancing. Raves typically involve one or more DJs playing electronic dance music such as techno, trance, breakbeat, jungle, and ambient. Usually starting after dusk and lasting through 'til dawn, drug use at raves often runs rampant; particularly the use of Ecstasy and LSD. Raves can vary greatly in size and scope, hosting from dozens to thousands of guests, and lasting from one night to a few days. Classically, ravers have maintained a strong community spirit and have promoted an ideal called PLUR, an acronym for Peace, Love, Unity and Respect. These values have unfortunately faded somewhat since the onset of a newer generation of ravers unfamiliar with these concepts so elemental to the original scene.
Guys, we went to a rave last night, right? Cause, I'm not sure WHAT we did there, but I don't remember a thing.
radical audio visual experience
Raves are liberating.
An underground party in which electronic music is played, dancing occurs in a very free-form fashion. The dress of the partygoers is quite unrestrained. It is rumoured that there is ALWAYS drug use involved, but this is not ALWAYS correct. There are straight-edge ravers who don't take part in drug use. Like me.
I went to a rave yesterday. It was mad phat, illin' like a villian.
A party in which people dress crazy, go crazy, smoke crazy things, drink a lot.
To sail. Sailing is when you get drunk off of Sailor Jerrys rum, and when you drink classy shit like Mikes Hard and Stella. Sailing is the shit.
To rave: To have a fucking good time.
Yo, I had a raving good time last night sailing with the bros.
Yo, last night, was amazing, I was so raved out.
Dude, we are definitely raving tonight.
a rave is a realistic game of pacman.
dude lets check out a rave, and munch on magic pills in darkened rooms.
1)A dance party that lasts all night and electronically synthesized music is played usually in the jungles or places where nobody knows about , involves drugs but not necissarily ( depends on the person), and good psytrance music.. by professional djs , very colourful psychedelic lights, fire twirlers and lotsa peace and fun if u enjoy the music and you're trippin..its like another world. also involves sex and fire twirlers
2) full moon party with goa trance music and israelis djs and hippie happy people.
man: hey colin you comin to the rave at bamboo forest ,goa gils playin..
colin: no im off to the old bar.