A type of music the is very popular in urban cities. There are many Rap genres such as Old School, Positive, Gangsta, Hardcore, Crunk, Southern, and Snap. Real rap is nothing like todays types(aiming at Gangsta) which talks about shooting peoples whips up, bragging about $200,000 cars & mansions ect. ect. Real rap artists would be LL Cool J, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Kanye West and a whole lot others.
Me: Rap is not only for blacks and not all rap talks about banging hoes you stupid mother fucker.
I'm doing good, I've been talking to RAP online for a few hours now.
Another 10 Year Old MTV-Obsessed Girl: You are so right! Lets post our juevenile stereotyped opinion on all the websites we know! Avril Lavigne Forever!!!
2. It is a relativly new genre that started in the 70s when they rapped over breaks in Jazz/Soul (generally James Brown) over the years rap has developed with drum machines, keyboards and finally the computer.
3. A genre with different coasts and areas of the USA have different styles from the Party Jams in Atlanta to the street rhymes in the East Coast, Rap is a deep genre that is called crap by people that only listen to mainstream songs.
4. Rap is what has been used by record labels to take advantage of poor black men and give them ripoff contracts and just make them appear rich (most rappers get payed $250,000 a year) because of pressure
PS: And no i am not black
2. Rap has evolved alot in the past 30 years
3. The depth in Rap amazes me
4. Rap stars are really poor and they are taken advantage of