1. A thunder God from the game Mortal Kombat. A favorite among many fans, he is one of the most powerful fighters in the game.
2. Top-down arcade shooter. Impressive graphics even out of its time.
3. Player character of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Hated by Western audiences for his effeminate appearance, long hair, and supposed gayness. Main haters of him are just homophobes, and not one of their words are true. He later had a white blood transfusion from The Patriots, as well as a new cyborg body. Audiences gave him more acclaim after this new look.
1. My favorite character from Mortal Kombat is Raiden, his fatalities are awesome!
2. My favorite arcade game is Raiden X!
3. Whiner: Raiden is so gay!
Smart guy: No, Kojima wanted a more effemanate appearance for the appeal of Japanese women. Beside, how'd he get a woman pregnant if he were gay?
Whiner: He's blonde.
Smart guy: He's a ninja.
A name that brings conflicting memories to many gamers, because it refers to
1. The most kickass Mortal Kombat character ever, but also
2. The most bitchass character ever in the Metal Gear series.
How can Raiden be so cool and yet so lame?
1. A somewhat cool character in Mortal Kombat. The "god of thunder" ("Raiden" means "fighting thunder," or "thunderbolt," in Japanese.)
2. The player character in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. No, people, Raiden was NOT the "main character". Kojima says that it was like one of those Sherlock Holmes novels: the main character is Holmes, while the narrator is his assistant, Watson. Raiden was disliked in America, due to his effeminate appearance, "gayness" (he's got a girlfriend people, wake up) and "replacing" of Snake. In actuality, quite a good character, considering being more believable than Snake, I.E. showing some personality.
1. The god of thunder will kick your ass.
2. Raiden's a great addition to the Metal Gear series. Accept it, you tards.
Character from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (special edition version of SoL) and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
On of the most under-rated characters from a western standpoint. Hated by immature little kids who whined that he was "gay" despite having a girlfriend. Also, these people were desperate to play as the more manly Snake, which makes their sexuality questionable.
In MGS4 he's taken over the role of the game's "Cyborg Ninja", and is apparently no more than a head and spine kept alive in a special exoskeleton.
Generally he's a pretty good character. Personally, I didn't hate him at all in MGS2. I was surprised to suddenly be playing as him but I was mature enough not to throw my toys out the pram because it wasn't "my spweshial snake!"
Whiner: Waaahhh, Raiden's so gay, I wanna play as Snake!
Me: If he's gay how did he get a girl pregnant and why did he show no signs of having a romantic interest in men?
Whiner: He has long hair.
Raiden is a character from Metal Gear Solid 2. Most players dislike him for idiotic comedy or his 'gayness'
Campbell- "Login at every node"
Raiden- "Did you say nerd?"
Probably one of the most infamous characters of the Metal Gear Solid series.
For obvious reasons.
Created by Hideo kojima, who wanted a young beautiful male and immortalised by Yoji Shinkawa.
Overall, he's not that bad.
But still..that leather suit is a tad tight.
"Jesus, this is ragging my crotch, better loosen up"
"For god's sake Raiden."
A charcter from Metal Gear Solid 2. Not gay like all the ignorant homophobes say he is. He was designed to appeal to japanese women who like preety boy characters. Most say he's a whiner despite the fact that he doesn't whine that much. I bet if Snake was the main character and had the exact same script and story as Raiden, people would love him and praise everything about him just because he's manly. Some hate Metal Gear Solid 2 just because of Raiden, which has got to be the dumbest reason ever to hate anything.
Insecure guy's opinion: wtf why am I playing as bitch boy Raiden!?!?!?! Omg dis game suckz. he's so gay.
Intelligent opinion: Wow I thought Raiden's story was very moving. The codec conversations with Rose really helped develop his character. Raiden is a great main character. What he looked like a girl? I hardly noticed because I don't care about appearance in people. I want to see their character, not looks.
A cool charcter from Mortal Kombat.
Whoa, raiden totally just fried me.