2. Top-down arcade shooter. Impressive graphics even out of its time.
3. Player character of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Hated by Western audiences for his effeminate appearance, long hair, and supposed gayness. Main haters of him are just homophobes, and not one of their words are true. He later had a white blood transfusion from The Patriots, as well as a new cyborg body. Audiences gave him more acclaim after this new look.
2. My favorite arcade game is Raiden X!
3. Whiner: Raiden is so gay!
Smart guy: No, Kojima wanted a more effemanate appearance for the appeal of Japanese women. Beside, how'd he get a woman pregnant if he were gay?
Whiner: He's blonde.
Smart guy: He's a ninja.
2. The player character in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. No, people, Raiden was NOT the "main character". Kojima says that it was like one of those Sherlock Holmes novels: the main character is Holmes, while the narrator is his assistant, Watson. Raiden was disliked in America, due to his effeminate appearance, "gayness" (he's got a girlfriend people, wake up) and "replacing" of Snake. In actuality, quite a good character, considering being more believable than Snake, I.E. showing some personality.
2. Raiden's a great addition to the Metal Gear series. Accept it, you tards.
On of the most under-rated characters from a western standpoint. Hated by immature little kids who whined that he was "gay" despite having a girlfriend. Also, these people were desperate to play as the more manly Snake, which makes their sexuality questionable.
In MGS4 he's taken over the role of the game's "Cyborg Ninja", and is apparently no more than a head and spine kept alive in a special exoskeleton.
Generally he's a pretty good character. Personally, I didn't hate him at all in MGS2. I was surprised to suddenly be playing as him but I was mature enough not to throw my toys out the pram because it wasn't "my spweshial snake!"
Me: If he's gay how did he get a girl pregnant and why did he show no signs of having a romantic interest in men?
Whiner: He has long hair.
For obvious reasons.
Created by Hideo kojima, who wanted a young beautiful male and immortalised by Yoji Shinkawa.
Overall, he's not that bad.
But still..that leather suit is a tad tight.
"For god's sake Raiden."
Intelligent opinion: Wow I thought Raiden's story was very moving. The codec conversations with Rose really helped develop his character. Raiden is a great main character. What he looked like a girl? I hardly noticed because I don't care about appearance in people. I want to see their character, not looks.