What a GAT (General Any Topic) forum does on a slow night. Usually inculdes spam, annoying people, and taking over the front page.
We're about to raid the Arpie!
Often used with mmorpg
s. It involves players banding together to succeed at a common goal- such as taking over territory, killing an opposing faction, or most commonly killing big scary internet monsters that drop coveted items.
It can be used as a noun or verb, noun referring a specific event, and in verbage, the act of embarking on that event.
A: We've scheduled a Black Temple raid tonight. You coming?
B: I can't raid, I gotta get laid!
A: No epix
Redundant Array of Independant (or Inexpensive) Disks.
There are several configurations of RAID.
Raid 0 = stripping with no redundancy
Raid 1 = mirror
Raid 5 = stripping across many drives with redundancy
There are many other configurations as well
Our new Dell server came with a RAID system.
totally super AWESOME bug/ant killer
Say bye bye to those pesky insects with RAID!!! :)
1. When the police try to shut down an illegal business that is currently in the guise of a legal business. The raid is when they finally come in to search for evidence.
2. Performing such an action.
3. To rummage through something, with the intent to find a specific item.
4. Insect poison.
5. The act of spraying such a poison.
1. There may be a raid tonight.
2. Did you hear that the cops raided Ol' Sam-O's on 35th Street?
3. The racoons raided my garbage again!
4. I sprayed some Raid on that anthill.
5. Did you Raid the wasps' nest yet?
THEY ONLY COME FROM RAIDS
Used to refer to AIDS in a public environment where you do not desire to draw attention to yourself, or others.
Mikael: "Im sorry Lupe, but I cannot be with someone who has RAIDS."
Lupe: "What do you mean RAIDS, do you mean AIDS?"
Mikael: "Yes thats exactly what I mean."
Lupe: "I don't have 'RAIDS'"
Mikael: "You do after sleeping with me bitch, see ya later."
A raid is when a bunch of people who play a game too much, get together to play the game some more. Because they have to work together to kill the biggest bosses.
A: What's going on, is like the whole world noobified, like the exact same time?
B: It's my guild, we are doing a raid.