It can be used as a noun or verb, noun referring a specific event, and in verbage, the act of embarking on that event.
B: I can't raid, I gotta get laid!
A: No epix or dkp for you!
There are several configurations of RAID.
Raid 0 = stripping with no redundancy
Raid 1 = mirror
Raid 5 = stripping across many drives with redundancy
There are many other configurations as well
2. Performing such an action.
3. To rummage through something, with the intent to find a specific item.
4. Insect poison.
5. The act of spraying such a poison.
2. Did you hear that the cops raided Ol' Sam-O's on 35th Street?
3. The racoons raided my garbage again!
4. I sprayed some Raid on that anthill.
5. Did you Raid the wasps' nest yet?
Lupe: "What do you mean RAIDS, do you mean AIDS?"
Mikael: "Yes thats exactly what I mean."
Lupe: "I don't have 'RAIDS'"
Mikael: "You do after sleeping with me bitch, see ya later."
B: It's my guild, we are doing a raid.