While most people (gamers or otherwise) believe this word to be a typo of the word "ownage" there is another belief that it stands for "perfect ownage" just like "pwn" is "perfectly own."
Of course, this was probably made up afterwards.
Related: Plwn, Plwnage. A build on the classic "Perfectly own" by turning it into "Perfectly Legally Own." This is important because sometimes, when one is pwned, they will become indignant and claim that cheating was involved. No cheating can exist if they were plwned, though.
Only a few documented cases have existed, mainly because they were all within a few minutes of one another. Sadly, this is not a typo, but actually a misspoken version of Pwn. The individual who spoke this' name will not be disclosed, because he/she is very close to me.
"w00t, double pwnage!"
"i subjected him to my godlike pwnage"
Gamer1: Ha! Plwned!
Gamer2: WTF Nuh uh you cheated I saw you n00b!11
Gamer2: Tsch, no, that was perfectly legal pwnage.
Pure Ownage as used in online gaming to stress your superiority on all levels. Spawned from the root word pwn, which originated as a misspelling of the word own. Hence this stupid word is two screw-ups away from anything close to english.
William's pwnage in that game was complete and utter.
Someone made a stupid typo typing in "ownage" and the world of 1337 was changed forever. Ownage soon became pwnage.
Usually used as an insult or interjection.
1. You got pwned hardcore!
verb: A term used to express one's act or state of elite preformance. Pwnage stems from the word "pwn" which is a typographical error of the word "own". The "p" replaces the "o" because during the frenzy of gaming, the player has no time to correct any spelling mistakes. This word is traditionally used by experienced videogamers, "leet" speakers and others involved in computer minded social or work groups.
"I played Halo 2 online today. I had 24 cosecutive kills... it was pownage like never before"
"I let those n00bs feel the wrath of my pwnage"
supreme dominance of anyone in anything
pwnage i.e. in gaming, discussions, and many other 1v1 subjects.
v. n. pwn, pwnd, :pwnage, :pwnd
1. From the Root word Own, and Ownage, the process of defeating an opponent or opponents at various Multiplayer Online Games, including 1st person shooters and Rts game simulators.
2. To Eliminate (a character) from a game whereby the character is lost and terminated including extreme frustration, whereas slamming the mouse and keyboard helps justify the action of destroying ones own property.
3. To describe, pride, joy and accomplishment.
4. To inflict pain and frustration to opposite opponents, where the character : (semi-colon) followed by the character P, creates the word :pwnage. :pwnage in most typographical form creates a "smily face" infront of the word, ownage. Whereby creating :pwnage, which stands for "I'm laughing at your Bitc* A$$, because I just Owned your A$$".
Eg. Upon using MSN messenger type, :Pwnage and Ownage will be displayed
1. When someone seriously owns the other person.
2. Lakers vsing the Cavaliers on January 12, 2011. The score was 112-57.
Karl: I had some major pwnage on you in basketball today.
Caleb: Yeah dude...im still crying from that dunk you dunked on me.
A term created by computer/video game nerds used to describe flawless dominance of another in the computer and video game realm. The root word "pwn" was originally a typo of "own" because the "o" and "p" on the keyboard are right next to eachother.
PWNAGE is now an acronym that stands for: "People With No Actual Girl Experience," because most of the people that use the word are usually spending their time absorbed in the computer world and not the real world. Consequently, they don't socialize much in physical reality and therfore, don't get laid. Internet porn and excessive masturbation have become commonplace for them and removed all drive to go out and meet someone to fornicate with.
Look at those super-geeks over there. That's pure PWNAGE for you.