punk is all about being yourself, liking what you like, doing what you do and not having to live upto someone elses expectations, only your own. there is no dress code, hair colour or rules to be punk, since punk is about being true to yourself.
chavs hate people they think are punks mainly because they are scared of difference and wonder why on earth someone in the whole world can use their own brain without having to chip into someine elses thoughts and feelings for a change
***punk music rawks =P***
1) "I don't care what you think about me Im happy doing what I do, let me live it man!" =P
2) chav: "oi geeza! hes a punk innit? he dow know dat da punks am dead n stuff haha (thinks to self I wish I was that independant just not using the word independant since they dont understand the meaning) Lets all go knock him ouuuw in fronta ev'ryone should be laf innit? *giant group of 400 scared chavs approch punk*
punk: "grow up ned! go get laid by someone who has actually developed tits!"
1. A "punk" was originally a tramp's young homosexual companion. In other words, a rent boy
with no ethics.
It then mutated in meaning, via an insult connoting the same, to become a term for a ruffian (mid 20th century). It was in this sense it was used in Punk Rock
from 1976 onwards.
2. TRUE: Someone who does what he or she wants because they like doing it, and not giving a fuck about what other people think.
3. FALSE: Someone who can't think for themselves, so imitates people from category 2 above, in an attempt to look kewl
1. Punk was the English term for the French Apache
- see George Orwell
's Down & Out in Paris and London for details.
2. The most truly Punk thing that Johnny Rotten
did was to quit the Sex Pistols
and form PIL
were fake punks, who have now thankfully split up.
None of these definitions
Punk is punk
pure and simple
if you have to look up a definition
then you'll never know
Is this punk? You just asked me...so the answer is no
a subculture started in the 70's, originating from either the United States or the United Kingdom. similar in some aspects to the hippy movement of the 60's and early 70's. commonly confused with emo, metal heads, skins, and goths. punk has developed it's own genre of music known as punk rock. this genre is commonly confused with emo music, gothic rock, pop rock, metal, other headbanging music, and music by groups or individual artists claiming to be punks. another misconception is that punk is based on fashion. while the punks have developed an image similar to what is generally referred to as punk fashion, the movement is rather based on ideas and messages suck as liberalism and anarchy. the movement has recently been in decline, as more corporations such as hot topic, and various goods distributors seem to be in a sense buying the bands and icons in order to increase the sale of their products
the mohawk and spikes don't make the punk. the punk makes the mohawk and spikes
i saw a shitload of punks down at zebra and the gilman
1. n. a rotten piece of wood.
2. n. a bratty kid
3. n. the one who gets bent and takes it in the prison showers
4. n. an anarchisti, rebellious, wealth-denying obnoxious hooligan. often associated with a (not particularly) musical revolution from mid-1970s britain and america typified by bands such as MC5, television, the clash, and the sex pistols punk rock
5. adj. anything displaying the "i don't give a shit what you nancies think about me" and "i don't like it, fuck this bullshit" attitude
"we're not into music; we're into chaos." -johnny rotten of the sex pistols
(punk is a beautifully angry thing and i like it)
Punk is not about a certain hair colour, style, or music, although music does take a large part in most punks lives.
Punk is about liking what you like, being yourself, saying what you think and FUCK ALL THE REST.
You don't need a two foot high red mohawk to be a punk, although that is wicked cool.
You don't need sleeves, a backpiece, or any tattoos at all to be punk.
You don't need a Misfits, Casualties, Sex Pistols or any band like that jacket to be punk.
You don't need anything to be punk except for awareness, self respect, respect for others and an open mind.
PUNK IS NOT DEAD.
I don't care if you wear drainpipes or not, you're a punk cos you're not some dumbass prat who's a fucking loser poser who needs to get his shit straight!
Punk is not a mohawk.
Punk is not mismatched Chucks
Punk is not studded belts, leather, checkered patterns or any other kind of clothing.
Punk is not not sold, bought, or traded.
Punk sure as hell is not MTV.
Punk is not found at Hot Topic.
Punk is speaking out against society because you're pissed off and don't care what someone else thinks.
Punk is saying and doing what you want, when you want, how you want.
Punk is dressing however you want to dress, looking however you want to look, and listening to whatever music you want to listen to, not because it's popular or un-popular, but because it's what you want.
Punk is being selfish, greedy and conceited and admitting it with pride.
Punk is Awesome.
Poser: "Dude, are you listening to Rap? Where's your 'hawk, and your Chucks, and your Mork suspenders? You're a poser man!"
Punk: "Fuck you, I like Snoop. Now piss off before I go 187 with my dick in your mouth, beyotch."