The popularity of the name among Indo-Aryan males is based on the Black Panther (emblem of the militant Dalit Panther movement) being a symbol of the Negroid Australoid male, & hence, by extension, of desired 'Madrasi Muscle' & the legendary Shudra Penis. By adopting a major symbol of Dalit masculinity, Caucasoid males seek to re-project themselves in a macrophallic image.
That Shudra Penis Envy is the ultimate reason for Aryan male appropriation of the Dalit Panther emblem is proven by the popularity of Punjabi Panther Condoms (& Panther Penis Amulets) across North India. Thus, Panther is the 2nd most widely used brand in Bengal & the preferred brand for 40% of Himalayans: "The most used brand of condom among the respondents was Number One (61.6%). Other most used brands were Panther (39.2%), Kamasutra (27.8%), Jodi (27.6%), Dhaal (21.2%), & Black Cobra (19.8%)." 'Integr.d Biol. & Behavioral Surveillance Survey among Female Sex Workers, Kathmandu Valley' S M Tuladhar et al. USAid Nepal, Round 3, 2008, p 27.
However, when any attempts at duplicating Shudra physical, athletic or sexual feats fail, the losers are derisively dismissed as 'Punjabi Pink Panthers'.
Punjabi Panther: Yo, you short-dick Bhangra Boiz call us 'Dalit Niggaz' 'coz you dam' jealous us Punjabi Panthaz be jus' like 'em Dalit Panthaz: big musclez & big black dickz! One of us can beat ten of you! You Fair Boiz kno yo' 4-inch Punjabi Pindickz can't compete with our 12-inch Dalit Nigga Dickz!
2) Examples of Punjabi Panthers:
a) Political Parties:
- National Panthers Party
- Black Panther Party of India: blackpantherpartyindia.com
- JKNPP or Jammu & Kashmir National Panthers Party: jknationalpanthersparty.com
b) Cricket Teams:
- Punjab Panthers Cricket Team of the Indian Cricket Premier League CPL: punjabpanthers.in, thepunjabpanthers.com
- Punjabi Panthers Cricket Club of Watford, UK: punjabipantherscc.hitscricket.com, facebook.com/punjabipanthers
- Pakistani Panthers
- scores of others
c) Sports Teams:
- Punjab Panthers Hockey Club of Toronto Canada punjabpanthers.com
- Muslim Birmingham Panthers
- Punjabi Panthers of Delhi
- Punjabi Panthers of Lahore