As the Parkway offices were situated in Camden, Powder were subjected to a fair amount of criticism from the music press for being a "Scenester" band, though in fact none of them actually lived there. They also acquired a stigma for touring with Menswear, who were at that time continually mocked by the NME and Melody Maker.
After the release of their third and last single "Deep Fried" in November 1995 Powder stopped touring as Pearl was pregnant. By the time she was ready to tour again the band was finished, finally announcing their split in 1997 with a retrospective release of the tracks from their three singles in Japan.
Pearl went on to front Lodger and has recently released a solo album.
'No, is there a band called Powder?'
'Well, yeah. Pearl Lowe is the lead singer. You should hear their song Afrodisiac. Its amazing!'
'Really? Gotta check it out then.'
2. Slang term for light, dry, newly fallen snow
3. (verb) To apply powder to something.
4. A roguelike developed specifically for the Nintendo Gameboy Advance. It has since been ported to various platforms.
2. That powder is perfect for snowboarding
3. Women often take advantage of bathroom breaks to powder their nose.
4. I thought NetHack was hard until I played POWDER.