Bob: No way, he can't say that!
Tom: Why not? Stop spreading your politically correct garbage here.
Bob: It ain't nothing to do with political correctness. He has a responsibility to the state and people to make a good example and good policies. This statement shows he has little respect for women as people and it effects how he handles his role as a minister. It also sends the wrong message to the people.
Shintaro Ishihara claims foreigners would riot in the event of an earthquake requiring not the police but the self defense force.
Bob: No way!
Tom: Well someone had to come out and say the truth. All you political correct guys are pussies! Foreigners come here with their stinking culture and create crime.
Bob: It has nothing to do with political correctness. It is both wrong, as foreigner in Japan have lower crime rates, and harmful, as it incites irrational xenophobic fear.
In France a local soup kitchen for the homeless only has pork dishes, while having many Muslim patrons.
Bob: Man that sucks they should try some non-pork dishes too so that Muslims can also eat (Muslims can't eat pork on religous grounds).
Tom: Damn pussy! Stop trying to be a politically correct idiot.
Bob: What! It has nothing to do with politcal correctness. I simply want the soup kitchen to help as many people as possible. If non-pork dishes help in that sense they should do that. Particularly if it is supported by government tax breaks.
"Political correctness is one of the brilliant tools that the American Right developed in the mid-1980s as part of its demolition of American liberalism....What the sharpest thinkers on the American Right saw quickly was that by declaring war on the cultural manifestations of liberalism - by levelling the charge of political correctness against its exponents - they could discredit the whole political project." - Will Hutton
2. A powerful form of censorship.
The struggle to be "politically correct" has made common people easily irritable and oversensitive to the words of others and their own words. It has created a society that walks on eggshells and that has difficulty being personal with each other because coworkers and potential friends can't joke around for fear of offending the other.
Quoting a friend: "Someone shouted at me today for making fun of Jews. He said it was politically incorrect. That was before he found out that I was Jewish, and making fun of ourselves is a part of Jewish culture."
Soon first-year high school and college students will be called "freshpersons" to be politically correct.
1. Do black people even want to be called African American? I mean I'm White and I sure as hell don't want to be called caucasian.
2. People act like saying "There are illegal immigrants" is racist. Even if you don't say anything negative they turn it into something racist.
3. Commenting about race is not racist. "I like that Black girl, she's really funny and cool" is not racist.
4. People who are fat become "curvy". No people who are 400 lbs are round NOT curvy, just because you can't admit your fat doesn't mean you become sexy. I am 6 feet tall, I have accepted the fact that I am tall for my age and I don't call myself "vertically advanced" or some shit like that.
5. It stops people from saying what they want. People are afraid to offend anyone so they don't bring up any major issues.
6. It causes ignorance. People will refer to black people in Africa as African Americans. WTF? they don't live in America, they are just African. I have heard this numerous times by my peers.
7. How is oriental offensive? I don't know how it is but if any asian people could clear it up that would be appreciated.
8. It causes conflict/problems for the real people. People who live in reality and comment on major issues are disregarded as racists and crazies, while they are the people with the legitimant points.
9. If we all keep being politically correct than no one will say anything new or inventive, no body will make music that reflects reality, poems will not be written about real life, and people will be afraid to speak up.
10. It stops people from saying the truth. I am not afraid to call African Americans black or complain that Illegal immigration is a problem for America. Those are truths, if you can't deal with them than your fuckin retarded.
Politically Correct: I am dating an African American women and she agrees Hispanic immigrants are an issue for the United States of America.