a decent sized beer (take note you twats)
apint of your finest please barkeep
1. (In the US) 0.473 liters (16 fluid ounces) of a liquid, typically draft beer.
2. (In the UK) 0.568 litres (20 fluid ounces) of a liquid, typically draught beer.
3. (Metric - everywhere else in the world other than UK/US) Exactly half a litre (or 500mL, 2 cups, 18 fluid ounces, etc.) of any liquid, most notably beer.
Man (walks into a bar in Toronto): I'll have a pint of Guiness.
Bartender: One pint of Guiness, coming up.
Man: So a pint is 375 mL, right?
Bartender: No sir, its 500mL.
Man: Well I'll be damned. But it's 12 ounces right?
Bartender: No sir, its 18 fluid ounces.
Man: Damn, I'll have to stop getting my facts from urbandictionary.com
Bartender: Well actually, I'm a psychic, and I'm having a vision of some valiant soul deciding to post a proper definition of the word "pint" as it refers to drinking. So don't worry, keep on urbandicking!
Man: Urbandicking? I'll have to look that one up.
Bartender: Well if its not self-explanatory then you're an idiot.
Man: Just give me the goddamn pint.
(verb) To use selfish or unfair tactics, most notably when utilized by a merchandiser on his/her customer.
(pinty, adjective) Used to describe a person or organization's selfish, unfair, or profit-motivated actions.
Origin: Likley coined by a Jew who was tired of hearing words of antisemitic origin being used by non-antisemitic people, such as the verb form of "jew" (Ex. I tried out that new restaurant on 34th street, but their prices suck. I got jewed.) Possibly also coined by a Gypsy who felt a new word needed to replace the term "gyp" (Ex. I made a huge profit from that deal, I really gyped my purchaser).
1. I tried out that dealer who's number you gave me last week, but I got pinted, real bad. I'm never buying weed from him again. Thanks for nothing, dumbass.
2. I split a pizza with Jim the other day, but the pinty fucker ate the whole thing while I was taking a shit.
Roughly 12 shots, or the equivalent to a water bottle in hard alcohol. Usually comes in a flask shapped bottle and is suitable for 1-3 people.
"I'll throw up fives and we can go halfies on a pint."
another name for crystal meth
me and the boys are going back to my shed after work to smoke some pint wanna join us?
Below acceptable level of generosity or courtesy.
"I got a pint count on that ounce I bought."
"We were supposed to go chill but he/she's a pint bitch and didnt show"
Guinness stout. A pint of anything else is just pisswater, not deserving to be drunk by a righteous mik.
"A pint of plain is yer only man." --Flann O'Brien
"Ah, dincha miss some mighty craic the night before last--yer man Donoghue, didn't he keep the pints flyin' till they were standin' five deep on the table!"