1.Using somethingcool so much that it starts to get annoying.
2.Making something much serious/making something take longer than what it should.
Jill:Hey do you wanna go out?
Jonny:No, I'm busy.
Jill:Will you ever want to go out?
Jill:When will you be available?
More than what is needed. In gross excess of what is reasonably expected. An excess of something beyond what is required or suitable for a given purpose.
Originally applied to nuclear weaponry.
"So, Bob, you ready to tear down that fence?" "Yeah, Chuck, the plastic explosives are all wired up!"
A 40-megaton nuke is overkill for destroying a farmhouse.
An Opteron 246 32-way server is overkill for typing up a paper.
1. (proper noun) Thrash metal pit fare born of New Jersey. The first thrash metal band in the history of metal, forming in 1980 and releasing classic thrash metal albums such as The Years of Decay, WFO and Horrorscope.
2. (proper noun) A Motorhead album and its title track where the band of this name got it from.
3. (noun) The act, or acts, of doing more than what is necessary to accomplish a task. Often associated with warfare.
1. I saw Overkill play last night and they played a kickass show.
2. A 112,000 square foot Wal-Mart is overkill for this small town.
a word that is defined WAY too many times. I personally like seeing a variety, but 148 SLUT definitions, talk about overkill ...common now!
SLUT appears 148 times
CUNT appears 146 times
CUM appears 84 times
FUCK appears 80 times (thought there would be more overkill here, surprise surprise)
GAY appears 78 times
PUSSY appears 66 times
Awesome thrash metal band hailing form New Jersey, easily recognized by vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth's buzzsaw-like vocals. Recently released their fourteenth album RELIXIV.
"I just listened to "Shred" by Overkill and I creamed my pants"
A person in the game of Runescape who backstabbs other plays in order to gain more pixels.
Overkill bsed Dark 3lf for his full dharoks.
1. Complete over-doing of something
2. A very fast motorhead song from 1979, It has the most badass drum into of any song... ever. Incidently, the drum intro was said to be "Overkill" as per the first definition by Motorhead's Bass Player / Singer Lemmy Kilmister.
1. Using a sledgehammer to swat a fly on your friends nose.
Only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud,
So good you can't believe it's screaming with the crowd,
Don't sweat it, get it back to you,
Overkill! Overkill! Overkill!