"Original Gangsta Disease":
1) A condition that causes sufferers who "were there" when cool shit went down back in the day to lord said presence at cool shit over the younger generations and consequently downplay the cultural/political contributions of contemporary writers/thinkers/musicians/artists etc.
2) A mental disorder common to aging hipsters who specifically view newer music as entirely derivative and without merit due to its youth.
3) The old (established) being jealous of the young (new). This is often disguised as wisdom.
4) A complex of symptoms known collectively as "'I Was There' Syndrome"
5) The desire to have been associated with a defining cultural moment.
6) The inflation of personal involvement in said defining cultural moment.
Bernice: How pathetic. How quaint. You think that what you are listening to is authentic psychedelic garage rock? I was there when the 13th Floor Elevators invented both terms single-handedly... Roky Erickson played harp in my band (whose legendary, impossibly obscure EP introduced "tripping balls" into the popular lexicon).....this was back when rock music was real. Back when there were still unexplored territories to be claimed. Back when Lou Reed was still with The Shades.
Thomas: Listen biddy, get your O.G.D. checked out immediately. You dumb bitch.
Lawrence is once again droning on about the master tapes for a lost 1967 Monks sophomore LP that were destroyed when his German meth lab/recording studio went up in flames. What a douche.