Multi use word which is highly addictive.
1. A greeting.
2. An exclamation of suprise.
3. An exclamation of shock and/or disgust.
4. A noise
1. Greeting - You see someone you haven't seen for a minute. Upon site an especially loud "Nyiii !" is emitted from across a stretch of a large public space , you are immediately recognized and hilarious laghter ensues
2. Disgust - Your brother tells you he was snorting coke with a friend and said male friend suggested performing fellatio on him. You respond with a prompt and crisp "Nyiii !"
3. War Cry - At a good night out at the pub with the lads many cries of "Nyiii ! " will definitely be heard.
4. General Response to Stupid Shite - Someone says something gayer than a tennis helmet, leaving you with an awkward feeling. The only logical response is a prompt and agressive "Nyiii ! "leaving the culprit feeling like a knob.
A versatile word, most often used as a greeting.
It can express enthusism, surprise, dismay, and delight, but whatever the usage, is best shouted with vivacity and extreme obnoxiousness.
Usage 1- A Greeting:
Sighting an old friend on the crowded subway platform, Chris got his attention by crowing "NYIII!"
Usages 2 and 3- Surprise, dismay:
Clicking a link he was told would lead to an anticipated movie trailer, Chris was confronted with the horrific visage of Goatse. "NYIII!" he shouted, frantically hammering on the Back button.