Grunge band from Arberdeen, WA made up by Kurt Cobain (guitar/vocals) Novoselic (bass), and Dave Ghrol (drums). Chad Channing played drums for the first album Bleach but left. Nirvana brought grunge out of Washington, thus killing the mainstream like of metal.
Nirvana is most known for the song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and the album Nevermind. FYI, both of these songs sucked, a lot. Most people do not know what Nirvana is, they probably only know what plays on KROQ, most likely Teen Spirit, All Apologies, Polly, Heart Shaped Box, and Come as You Are. These are terrible songs. Listen to the albums Bleach, Incesticide, In Utero, and the With the Lights out Collection. They are way better than what you hear on the radio.
The band ended in 1994 due to Kurt Cobain's death. Most people, often haters and stupid people, say Kurt Cobain was stupid and killed himself. But, he had 1.52mg per liter of heroin in his blood when he was dead, 3 times the amount to kill even the strongest addicts. That would have instantly incapacitated or killed Kurt. He could not have pulled the trigger. So shut the fuck up all you people who say he killed himself, its impossible. And if you didn't know, at the time, forensics was not as good as it is now, and a sloppy job was done on his investigation. Also, Courtney Love tried to have the man who re-opened the Cobain case fired, oh gee I wonder why.
Nirvana was the best grunge band to exist, and they, alone, killed metal. Unfor...
The ultimate goal of the Bhuddist religion, in which one escapes eternal suffering by being reincarnated as Kurt Cobain.
Bhudda achieved Nirvana by losing all desire except to rock.
Nirvana is to grunge as Bob Marley is to reggae
Nirvana was the greastest grunge band ever. greater than pearl jam and soundgarden will ever be if they were combined
Nirvana was a very popular band. They specialized in Grunge rock, with Kurt Cobain on vocals. Kurt Cobain formed the band when he was a teen, where he found himself sleeping under a bridge most of his nights. It was under that bridge the first Nirvana songs where born.
Nirvana wrote several popular songs. After Kurts suicide, the other band members formed "The Foo Fighters."
With the lights out
It's less dangeous
here we are now
1. The Ronald Reagan
of rock music. I.e. people believe they killed hair metal, just like how Reagan "defeated" the Soviet Union. Both, however, were destroyed from the inside.
2. Shitty band. Just absolutely terrible. Worshipped (for some unidentifiable reason) by a lot of "hardcore" and "anti-establishment" fags who think that Nirvana was a religion and Cobain a god. Their songs are terrible, overplayed, dryly repetitive, poorly written, played and sung.
3. The reason why Dave Grohl has a "rock career."
1. Retards like Nirvana because they give them credit for "destroying" hair metal, but intelligent people know better.
2. Nirvana would never be considered a "Great Band" if Cobain hadn't killed himself. If they were still around, they'd be playing dumpy clubs for drug money, while getting some pocket money blowing guys outside aforementioned clubs.
3. If it weren't for Nirvana, we wouldn't have Dave Grohl and the Foo Fighters. Just imagine how much better life would be without that untalented poser screaming into a microphone "THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST... etc"
There's nothing that Nirvana did that bands like Sonic Youth
didn't do before them.
the BEST grunge band ever existed. shame for them...Kurt will'll miss u dearly.
"i need an easy friend...i do..."