You live within 30 minutes from the beach but never go there in the Summer do to them being overcrowded
The beach is the shore
You either love or hate New York City
You have at least 10 pairs of hats and sun glasses
You defend your state to outsiders but then bash it just as much
You rarely if ever refer to your state as Jersey
You know of people who were affiliated with the mafia
You know what real pizza taste like
You hate the TV Show Jersey shore
You have called New York City NYC before.
You think Trenton is the worst place ever
You know people who hate New York City but still like their sports teams.
You don't eat seafood, despite living so close to the ocean
Cheese Pizza is Plain Pizza and nothing else
You pronounce Mario Mae-Rio
Newark is Ne-wark
You'll go to other states such as Maryland Delaware and Virginia to go to the beach just to avoid the overcrowding of your own.
You live for Summer
I'm from New Jersey
Jersey Native: 98, fuck-you-very-much.
New Jersey is ranked fourth in a survey conducted to determine the smartest state (based on high school graduation rates and various other factors). New York placed sixth.
Pennsylvania you're not too far behind at number nine.
(In case you're wondering which state ranked first; Massachusettes)
Suck on that one, Grasshopper.
Guy from Jersey: I already have. But thanks for the go ahead.
- Capital is Trenton
- Three regions, North, South, Central
- We DON'T say Joisey, we say Jurzee
- Depending on where you live you are either close to NYC or Philly
- Lots of rich suburbs, ghetto cities, and beach towns
- The beaches aren't dirty, they are actually clean and have some of the biggest waves I have ever seen
- People are really into sports, football, soccer, lax, etc.
- Lots of hot girls and a lot of ugly ones too.
- It does not smell. If you think it does you obviously have been on outskirts with lots of factories which doesn't smell that bad anyway.
- We have lots of pizza shops, bagel stores, and malls.
- Most people in Jersey have respect for New York and Pennsylvania. We aren't trying to compete with them, we enjoy there large cities and they enjoy our beaches, fare trade off.
- Trenton, Newark, Camden, and Patterson are considered "Ghetto". It doesn't mean you are going to get shot for walking it just means don't be retarded, say the n word, or start shit with people.
- Most people are either Philly Eagle Fans or NY Giants fan
- A lot of people move here for our schools (good public schools and private schools as well).
- We have; irish, jews, blacks, italians, mexicans, pueroricans, hindus, muslims etc. We are a very diverse state
- We are a Northeast state
- A lot of people here falsey stereotype the south as dumb. I realize that Southnern people are for the most part just as smart.
- There are some really good and bad drivers. Honestly the bad ones are Asians, Indians, Old people, and women.
- We are short tempered but funny people.
- We have some celeberties that were born here.
- Right now we have a population of about 10 million.
- We know we are small but we are STRONG
MAD LOVE FOR NEW JERSEY, NYC, PHILLY, AND REST OF THE STATES.
DOESN'T MATTTER JUST REP WHERE YOU LIVE!
Educated Person: Actully No one speaks with that accent, every city has crime, and not all the suburban people are snobish, they worked hard to make it there.
The Truth: I can't speak for all of NJ but I do live within 45 minutes of 3 malls, but what's so bad about that? Factories are only in Northeast Jersey that is real close to NYC, and they manufacture half the shit you buy, we have to put them somewhere. No one ever says "Joisey", we say Jurzee and the accent you think we have is more like a crushing combonation of Staten Island and Boston. Jersey Accents are more subtle and most people talk like they're from Philly or NY. We aren't all Italian, infact only 17% of NJ is Itailian but yeah I am Italian but there's nothing wrong with that, and no we don't all gel our hair or wear Gucci sunglasses. We are like a giant suburb of NY/Philly but with attitude, our own cities and towns, and a beach. And No we aren't all from Newark or AC,there a lot of towns in Jersey that I've never heard of before and I lived here for all my life.
Jersey Kid: Have you ever even been here?
Out-Of-Stater: Yeah I drove by Newark on my way to NYC
Jersey Kid: That's not the real New Jersey, that's like going to Compton and saying that you've seen all of California, or going to inner city Detroit and saying you've seen all of Michigan.
Yes Nj is the best state.. and anyone who disagree's can come kiss my ass