Let me clear somethings up
1. We don't say Joisey, we say Jurzee
I think we would know how to pronounce our state's name
2. The only part of the state that has industrial factories is in the Northeast part that is real close to NYC
3. We have shores, not beaches
4. We have garbage dumps? Naw, your thinking of Staten Island
, New York home to the biggest dump in the world
5. We're all in the Mafia? Nope, New Jersey is home to Italians, Irish, Blacks, Indians, Jews, and is a diverse state, stop hating on Italian people anyway, I'm Italian and don't know anyone in the mob.
6. We are small boring state? We might be small but it's not THAT boring, we have six flags great adventure, home to King Da Ka, many malls, beaches, cities (Jersey city, Atlantic City, Newark, etc.) and concerts. If you wanna be bored go to North Dakota.
7. We have a horrible accent, like Cawfee, gawjus, dawg, baygal? Not really, our accents are not that strong and a lot of people aren't even born and raised in Jersey. I know people that moved here from Illinois, South Carolina, and New York so alot of people that your hear talking haven't even lived here for half their lives.
8. We're poor? Pshh, as of 2008 we are one of the richest states, yes CT is richer stop bitiching.
9. Suburbia? Yes are our suburbs are home to soccer moms, PTA meetings, and SUV'S. But suburbs are actually not that bad, we don't have to worry about getting shot, or killed, we can stay out late without getting arrested, you get a lot of friends, no racial tension, no gangs, and we all go to colleges.
10. New Jersey is the same everywhere you go in the state?
No, Northeast Jersey is industry, Rest of North Jersey like Bergen county are rich, and their are ghettos like Newark, Patterson, and Elizabeth but their not that bad. Central Jersey, home to suburbs, Trenton the state capital and shores. South Jersey has Atlantic City, close to Phily, and the best shores in the state.
Kid: Ew your from Joisey, that's not as good as my state!
Me: I guess you don't like beaches, King Da Ka the highest fastest rollercoaster in the world, Queen Latifah, Redman, Derek Jeter, Kevin Jonas, Ashley Tisdale, The Sopranos, House, Princeton, cause they're all from New Jersey and I'm loving it.
NJ is summed up in this quote.
"I am from NJ. I curse... a lot. I say "yo", and I say it often. I never had school on Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur. I sure as hell don't pump my own gas. I know what real pizza tastes like, and I know that a bagel is much more than a fuckin' roll with a hole in the middle. I judge people by what exit they get off the parkway. I can navigate a circle--with attitude. All good nights must end at a diner--preferably with cheese fries. It's a sub, not a hoagie or, worse yet, a hero, and I wash it down with soda, not pop. Two words... "mother fucker." I don't go to the beach, I go down the shore. And boardwalk brawls are just a part of the atmosphere. Yes, I drink cawfee. I know that 65mph really means 80. I've always lived within 10 minutes of a mall. When someone cuts me off, they get the horn AND the finger. And they expect it. I am from New Jersey, and damn proud of it."
The writers of Harold and Kumar go to White Castle were from Randolph, a stereotypical suburban New Jersey town.
home of joe budden, bruce springsteen, jay and silent bob, bon jovi and MAD other people.
aint nobody in jersey says "joisy"...who the hell made that up?
its the only state that drops the "new" in its name.
we got the best damned accent ever.
everybody that dont like jerseys only mad cuz they cant afford it.
Us Jersey Girls keep it real.
The sickest state that I have ever been in. Hot girls, hot cars, hot beaches! What more can you ask for?
New Jersey is KILLER!
The realest place in the world.
I'm from Jersey. I keep it real.
The best state in the nation, where everything is within walking distance, people are friendly and know how to drive, whilst tourists claim that we drive like "maniacs" because they just don't know any better. Home of several national parks and one of the wealthiest counties in the nation, and one of the most respected ivy league schools as well. Many criticize New Jersey because we love our state so much, and they're jealous that ours is one of the most educated and prosperous in the nation. New Jersey is a wonderful place to live with many attractions that are overlooked and the state as a whole is completely underestimated.
Fuckhead: Oh you're from JOISEY,heh heh he he hehehehe, what exit?!?!?!?!
Jerseyian: You're a sad sad person....
east coast state, discriminated against by those who have been only as far as the outskirts of new york city. while new jersey has its fair share of cities, grime, and crime, a large portion consists of expansive suburbs, beautiful land, and farms.
brick, new jersey: second safest town in the nation.
home to bon jovi, bruce springsteen, catch 22, jay and silent bob (and several kevin smith films, including "dogma"), princeton university, the sopranos, and the celebrated "weird nj."
while accents and hairstyles vary, it is extremely rare that one falls into the stereotypical "joisey" caricature.
New Jersey was a long-time home to Walt Whitman.
i'm from jersey, have been all my life.
i'm gonna spend a lot of time writing this entry. i'll give you everything about jersey, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
first.. new jersey people are conceited. it's true. we hate everyone else. and we think we are better than everyone else. and we never stop talking about how great new jersey is. then we tell people to "shut the fuck up" when they tell us all we talk about is jersey. i just recently was in the south .. and i can honestly say, that i do think i am better than them. it's not my fault.. it's cause i'm from jersey. my friends and i were the rudest, most obnoxious people there. everyone just stared at us. then we saw other rude people, and i asked them where they were from. obviously, they said jersey.
why are new jersey people self centered? becasue we have reason to be. first of all, some of the most famous people have come from our state. just to name A FEW.. tom cruise, frank sinatra, bruce springsteen, kevin smith, whitney houston, martha stewart, lauryn hill, catch 22, anne hathaway, queen latifa, my chemical romance, jack nicholson, bruce willis, the four seasons, danny devito .. and the list goes on. not only do we have famous people.. we rank in the top 10 of smartest states every year.
not only are we smart and famous.. we're rich. bergen, somerset, morris, and hunderton counties rank as in the counties top 15 richest counties. and despite the slums of newark and camden which are some of the coun...