1. someone who likes to address an audience but wants EVERYONE to cheer and praise him no matter what he says or does. A big time megalomaniac.
2. someone who is away and is negligent about pressing matters, issues and emergencies that demand IMMEDIATE attention right fucking NOW!
3. a person, especially one in an authority position, who is extremely cruel, selfish and vain. A complete pompous ass. The Emperor Nero of the Roman Empire killed his mother, his wife and his cohorts.
1, In 2004 George W. Bush gave a commenment speech at the Ohio State University. Graduates who turned their backs in protest against the Iraq War and other crimes were arrested, along with peaceful demonstrators outside. The audience was "encouraged" to give Bush a "thunderous" standing O. Emperor Nero wanted to be known as a theater actor, singer, lyre player, chariot racer and more and he always bullied the judges and crowds to cheer and favor him. From this we get the Nero Complex.
2. So many disasters occured in the sucky Aughts decade. When Hurricane Katrina hit the stupidity and corruption and incompetence was so unbelievably horrid. Kayne West made his famous statement and many others said that Dubya "fiddled while Rome burned", meaning he did zilch while New Orleans and surrounding areas needed help NOW.
3. History shows that there's been many more people with a Nero Complex. Besides George W. Bush there are Mobutu Sese Seko, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Chairman Mao, Slobodan Milosevic, Idi Amin, The Grand Turkman, and other arrogant turds.
To take the position of ignoring something that should require your immediate attention.
Mark: "Dude, you didn't get the job, you don't know where your living next year, and you haven't studied for weeks!"
John: "I dunno, I'm really not worried about it."
Mark: "What's with the Nero Complex lately?"