A really fun game back in around 1999-2004 and was favored my people of all ages until it broke away no long ago. Here are a few reasons why it sucks now:
1. Overadvertising. Ads everywhere. One big one on the bottom, one big one on the top, one on the side, and NOW they even have one in their flash game popups!
2. Lies. They freeze your account, and when you ask for it back, they go "Sorry we cannot retrieve it because its been inactive for too long" (that was the excuse they gave me)
3. They are greedy. First it was the Neopets merchandise, didn't work out. Then it was Neopets premium, didn't work out. Then they made sidebars and avatars, didn't work out so they basically retired sidebars and all avatars since none even come out anymore. NOW they have NC Cash Shop and Mall so you can dress your Neopets in clothes. Everything new requires real money. If you don't have real money, they will spare you a free 150 NC to spent on a piece of crap. Too many hassles, advertisement links and ads!!!!
4. Annoying. First it was the game. They keep renaming games from "Whack A Kass" to "Kass Basher", "Whack a Staff Member" to "TNT Staff Smasher" and the "Scratchcard Kiosk" to "Ice SC Kiosk" They even change the old games they were fun. Now their new games take forever to load on dialup (so you better have some good internet) Has stupid annoying music, and have stupid intros that you can't skip and take forever to start the game. Games are now more complicated and more annoying. Doesn't always send score the time you want it to, so you'd have to play the game AGAIN.
4. Ugly interface. Other than the addition of 1090848322 more ads on the page, the interface is ridiculous. I do not need to see my active Neopet everywhere. Go to my items, see my pet's picture two times, go to references, see my pet's picture three times. Is this necessary?! What happened to the simple text links?? Games page is overloaded with images when it could have been that simple four category that it had years ago. Userlookups look disgusting now, you can hardly customize it anymore. They add unnecessary features such as the stupid "intro box" in the the items section which makes it even more cluttered and changed pictures that do not need to be changed.
5. Staff members are corny. They choose the worse jokes for contests, the most stupid and most obvious questions to answer, posts compliments by users but never complaints to fix, and in certain contests, they choose actual pictures taken with a camera instead of nicely done digital art work. My art took longer to do than the person's stupid Hershey bar with a hat on it! They change the Neopets to stupid poses with the fist as if the Neopet is angry (I HATE THIS POSE) and now all the pets look corny and stand the same way.
Don't be surprised by all the retired paint brushes and potions, they obviously want you to spend in their NC shop rather than paint your pet. This website is NOT for kids and is ridiculous! Been there since 2000, and it was fun for about 4-5 years and now it SUCKS. Take my advice and walk away from it.
I stopped playing Neopets because they were being unfair and over advertised everywhere on their pages!
A online game that started out as a good game, like Pokemon but now is horribly bad.
Point 1: Overcommercialization.
We've got Neopets happymeals, Neopets plushies, Neopets keychains, Neopets stickets, etc. What happened to "We don't want to make money, we just break even using the advertising!"
Point 2: Sponsor Games
99% of the NEW games on the site are sponsor games. Most are the same as other games, and are very, very simple, but the characters or the background are changed. These games are the opposite of inventive.
Point 3: Wars
Wars on Neopets are very boring. You sit around and attack the same enemy a billion times and then you (might) be able to get a bigger one to fight!It's like in Pokemon where you have almost beat the game, except the developers have messed up and given you Level 2 Rattata to fight, rather than Level 70 Gravelers.
Point 4: Message Boards
Greedy Adam and Donna. A while ago, there was a message board called General Chat, where all the media driven "get a girlfriend cause you should!" 7 year olds posted OMFFIGLJG 15/M/ALASKA WILL U BE MEH GIRLFRIENDSZ!?!/ Instead of hiring new monitors, they froze accounts of people that didn't do anything, and destroyed the GC, making the aforementioned people go to other boards where WE had to handle them.
Neopets is most likely the worst internet game today. If you want good, try Bootleggers.us
A virtual game that used to be fun, and the staff members cared about you and your account. Not anymore. The staff is too deep into advertising to care about anyone anymore. The only thing they care about now is making money. Neopets doesnt care about the quality of their site anymore. For example, the McDonalds promotion. Does neopets care that the site cannot handle so many new members? No. As long as Neopets gets their page views, their sponsors will pay them. Soon they will have a premium service, where paying consumers will have the benefit. More avatars, more random events, and so on. So if you want to experience the best of neopets, get your credit cards ready, because the only thing those greedy bastards at neopets care about are benjamins and jacksons. (hundreds and twentys for those of you who didnt get it.) Long live the power of money! Long live the crazy addiction!
Me: "Are you seriously paying to play neopets?!"
Addict: "Of course I am, I get so much cool stuff now!"
Me: "Its not even real! Dont waste your money!"
Addict: "Shut up! Oh I just got a paintbrush! Yay!"
What used to be a cool pet site, but now sucks. And here are the top 10 reasons why:more...
1: Shameless Advertising.
They have 3 advertisements on almost every page.
One on the top, one on the bottem, and one on the side. Advertising things like online dating services, weight loss programs, and phone companies. Plus they have countless sponser games. And even make sponser items (bubble yum, sweet tarts, etc.)
2: Neo Staff favoring certin users.
Let's face it, there's only a handful of people TNT (theneopetsteam) actually give a shit about.
Featheralley, Hrobi, Garret_jaxx (sp?), Hubrids_mansion, Jazz_invinceable , and a coupple others. Thease people will not be iced no matter how many rules they brake.
3: Message boards.
The message board used to be cool... like four years ago. Now they suck. Neopets changed the format to look more professional... and screwed everything up. Completely deleteing the GC (general chat), which used to be cool. Before n00bs took over.
4: Glitches and bugs.
Neopets has countless glitches and bug which they will never fix. I myself have lost well over 15 million in items and np's (example: I lost a SOS while taking it off my pet. Plus I've lost large sums of neopoints countless times while trying to put them into the bank.) And neopets never refunds anything you lost during a glitch... unless you're featheralley of course...
Neopets is full of gay ass asain cheaters.
They've made it impossibble for anyone w...
A highly controversial online game.
As already evidenced by previous entries, opinions on Neopets tend to reflect past experiences. There are, of course, some who would immediately reject the game as a spawning-place for lifeless teenaged losers. Those people show up wherever you go, criticizing whatever you do - their opinions certainly don't need to have value in this case.
Speaking as an insider who's had both good and bad experiences with the site since I began playing in 2001, here are some interesting points:
-The Neoboards are terribly, terribly understaffed. As a result, TNT (theneopetsteam) has implemented a user-to-user monitoring system that, in retrospect, was bound to backfire horribly. Neopets needs to put more emphasis on the boards, seeing as how communication is so vital between members - I should know, having chosen a life of neo-isolation. An absolutely *massive* revamp of that system is required for the sake of the site's survival.
-Though some changes have been met with a huge amount of controversy, some have evidently sparked die-hard supporters. The restocking system, for instance, while admittedly giving the upper hand to those with more time and a faster internet connection, has become a very popular game to many of these fans. The wide variety of items and shops ensures constant interest.
-My own account was frozen after three years of playing - I had apparently been 'cheating' using several different accounts to ga...
Created in 1999, Neopets is a never-ending online game, in which you take care of pets, buy/sell/trade items, earn NP through games/auctions/shops, and chat on the messageboards. It used to be a fun way to kill time, but now the Neopets Team is too obsessed with putting their Neopets brand out there with annoying merchandise and promotions at stores no one in the world knows the locations of. Neopets is dying a slow, painful death because the Neopets Team is too busy sitting in front of their computers all day and night, eating pizza and doughnuts, and randomly freezing people's accounts for no apparent reason. Plus, they don't even put out New Features relevant to the average user anymore.
SweetAznBabie69: Lik omg dis Neopets thing is lik sooooo popular! It has lik over 80 million users!
DeathToNeopets: You realize that out of the 80 million users, about 79,800,000 accounts were rendered inactive due to constant scamming, random freezings, and plain stupidity on part of the users to get themselves frozen?
SweetAznBabie69: But lik Neopets is lik sooooo cool cuz you can get boyfriends on the chat!
DeathToNeopets: Yeah Neopets is great for that if you like fat, unattractive, lifeless, 13-year old nerds who can't step out of their houses for one second.
SweetAznBabie69: I lik how Neopets updates the site with new stuff everyday!
DeathToNeopets: Yeah, I'm so excited about the new plushie they released that costs 9 million NP. Oh yeah, I think that new paint brush color they made looks awesome - what was it called again? Oh yeah, Crap.
SweetAznBabie69: I'm lik sooooo hyped for the new promotion their having at that store! I'm gonna get soooo much stuff from there and enter in all my rare item codes!
DeathToNeopets: They're holding the promotion in South Africa, and all the rare items are pieces of worthless crap that should be thrown at the Nazis that are the members of the Neopets Team.
A chilidish yet addicting website. You create pets, take care of them, make neopoints, the sign for neopets currency. In the old days, people could spell and were nice. Now, it is infested with n00bs.
Neopets was Ok untill the n00bs came. *scarred for life*
November 15th 1999, Neopets begins as a harmless little site where you raised you pets and the site was clean of anything bad. The staff cared about the users and so one. Now Neopets isn't such a safe place now on the internet. The entire staff has set up the site and rules almost similar to a communist nation. And the owner's corruption and greed will lead to the site's destruction.more...
First off, Neopets has many rules. Some keeps the site clean, while others tear it apart. One of the rules is do not discuss religion or political veiws on the site. Now if I'm not mistaken, a thing about communism was sensorship. Not only are you not allowed to talk religion/polotics, but certtain words posted can easily get you warned or iced. When you get warned it's by theneopetsteam (The sites secret police). The warning of course is an automatic thing which is corruted now, so you don't even need to say something wrong. You can get warned for posting "Hilary Duff looks like a Yurble".
Second, the site also freezes you if they talk bad about them or TNT (short for theneopetsteam). They have changed the site, making it almost equal for every user. Though sometimes it's not fair. Like when the staff got rid off glowing and shadow fonts. When they did that (Because others using different browses couldn't see) it upseted a lot of people, but a few days later, they have a new option that lets you disable fonts, making a user see normal black fonts. This isn't fair to those that had a nic...