Naruto was originally a popular Japanese graphic novel (manga) created by Masashi Kishimoto. It was eventually made into an animation (anime) directed by Hayato Date, and licensed by Aniplex Media.
It is focused on the hyperactive adolescent of Konohagakure (Village Hidden in Leaves), Naruto Uzumaki, and his goal to become an esteemed ninja and village leader. Many aesthetics, techniques (jutsu), and values are attained from a sensei's tutelage by students through much developement and hardship.
Naruto's teammates, mentors, and especially rivals act as an important part of the saga, and have individual stories that are discovered as the saga progresses. Many things portrayed throughout Naruto are connected to Japanese mythology, culture, and historical events; these relations sometimes being very unfamiliar with Western and other foreign audiences. There are currently two parts to the saga; the first one appropriately titled as 'Naruto', the second being 'Naruto - Shippūden', a two-and-a-half-year time-lapse, which is still being continued.
The viewers age starts at a decently younger age compared to much shounen anime (which is usually aired on Adult Swim), and is probably somewhere around 7 to 13+.
The anime has become very much exaggerated as the years of it's growing exploitation have increased, and has lost much quality and originality due to the 'immediately-jump-to-a-conclusion' bastards (even the fans) who make it out to be something it never has been. Pointless jokes and stupid assumptions circulate throughout Naruto-based forums, fan's conversations, and basically any form of communication via internet. These parodies and lies eventually get around to people who don't even take the time to look at the original manga - what Naruto really is, and what makes it unique. Much heed is paid to ridicule, pointless celebrity comparisons, and shit fanfictions and fanart of Naruto.
This is where Naruto has lost most of it's originality - over-propagandizing by the wrong people.
The anime has also been diluted and literally screwed over by it's various distributors. Unfortunately, the anime is usually the only form of Naruto that is seen by the majority, and is judged negatively from there on out. It is often referred to as a generic rip-off of DragonBall Z by close-minded idiots, and usually considered 'inferior' to One Piece.
However, the anime is also unfortunately infatuated with poorly thought-out fillers to keep a steady beat as it's episodes are released, and are sometimes acknowledged more by first-time watchers. This is one of the many things that gives Naruto a negative reputation with first-time Naruto witnesses. The anime's fillers were never in the original story, only serve as an expediency as original episodes are created, and dilute the more unique storyline that flows quite evenly, in my opinion. Even episodes that are featured in the manga can turn out to be a total blow with animation, and portray people and places more linear and incorrectly.
This is why I choose not to acknowledge the anime's flaws - because it barely even follows with the original saga, throws off the viewers, and looses much Japanese symbolism when converted to another language. Although it is original Japanese animation, it loses a good bit of quality and tends to look rushed and very unoriginal.
This, my friends, is why I read the manga. Steady flow, decent action, and best of all - exactly the way it should be.
Nothing is placed out of context, exaggerated, filled-in, or rushed through. Much easier to understand, less linear, and simpler to connect with the people in it. Everything began and will end with the manga, regardless of the anime or how it is perceived. It can't get much more organized than that, in my opinion.
Honestly, if you can't tolerate the Naruto anime, just check out the damn manga instead.
I don't expect you to keep reading it, but it makes a hell of alot more sense.
I don't consider Naruto to be the greatest story in manga history, (nor is it the greatest anime), but I prefer it over every other manga I've read before. It's just a personal preference. I watch other anime, and read other manga; I haven't been "brainwashed", as some say, because I like something popular. I just simply choose to loyally follow Naruto up to it's last chapter because it's something I enjoy wholeheartedly.
Naruto isn't your cup of tea? Hey, that's fine - I personally dislike One Piece with every fiber of my being, but I don't jump on the internet and make it look like shit. I don't knock something because I know you like it. You don't have to do as I do, but have a little respect.
Keep liking what you like. I'll do the same. Just don't fuck with people who like Naruto because it's sabotaged and considered overrated by the majority of anime fans. We're honestly not hurting anyone.
"Dude, Naruto and anime suck! People like you should get a life, skateboard, and fuck something hot."
"Heh, you're kind of funny for a child with a mental stunt. Shh, I know, it's okay now."
1. The swirly thingamabobs in your Ramen that tast like bean curd.
2. Decent manga about some ninja kids.
1. I ate the naruto.
2. My friend really likes the Naruto manga.
Naruto is an excellent anime and manga series which is still running. It is about a young boy named Naruto who has the Ninetailed Fox Demon sealed inside him. He was hated by his village for having the demon in him. His dream is to become the #1 ninja in the village and have everyone acknowledge him. He is put on a team with Sasuke and Sakura under their teacher Kakashi. Together they go through many tasks with important lessons in the end. This is an excellent series with beautiful animation, touching scenes, great music, and kick-ass fighting!
I want to eat Naruto.
1. The name of the popular anime/manga series which is licensed by ShoPro.
2. The name of a character in "Naruto". Naruto is a young boy who was born with a nine-tailed demon fox sealed inside him. Naruto then was shunned by adults who feared the kyuubi inside him. Naruto was then taken to the ninja academy and became a class slacker. After, he was assigned to Team 7 which consists of Hatake Kakashi, Uchiha Sasuke, and Haruno Sakura. Eventually, Sasuke and Naruto became rivals and developed a sense of friendship. Naruto, along with his team, participated in the Chuunin Exam. Shortly after, Naruto was targeted by members of Akatsuki, which was interested in the kyuubi inside Naruto. When Sasuke was bothered with the thought of being weak, he betrayed Konoha and sought power by giving up his body to Orichimaru. Further information is unknown.
1. Naruto is on the TTL(Top Ten List) for anime.
2. "Kage Bunshin No Jutsu(Shadow Replication Technique)"-Naruto
A very unoverhyped manga and anime that has legions of followers in the states because of it's indetifiable, distinctive, yet simple characters. Top notch animation, great battle choreography, and an innovative rehashing of fantasy martial arts.
The Number 1 Ninja At Surprising People.
I will never take back my words.
- That is my way of the ninja.
1. The name of a popular japanese manga/anime geared toward the young male population much in the same style as Dragonball Z, yet holds appeal toward a wide audience due in large part to the varied and unique cast.
2. Main character in said manga/anime. Characterized by his blonde hair, orange clothes, and the demon fox which was sealed within his belly soon after his birth. He can draw upon the energy of the demon at will to increase his strength.
1. I reccomend www.narutofan.com to sate your curiosities.
2. I'd give you a quote or something, but I don't know how to use japanese.