2. verb. A verb describing the action to (usually) disable the sound on something, like a television, as well as disabling someone from communicating, for example in chat channels on the Internet.
1. That person over there is mute, he is unable to talk.
2. Please mute the sound on the television for a moment, I am talking on the phone.
2. Do you remember that person from the chat yesterday who kept spamming obscene words? I believe she was muted by a moderator.
1. are shy
2. have nothing to say
3. hate everyone around them and are slowly plotting their peer's destruction
Dude 1: What, are you mute?
Dude 2: Yea, he's 'mute'
Dude 1: Really? He cant talk?
Dude 2: I said he's 'mute', not mute.
Dude 1: ... wuh?
Dude 2: Y'know, 'mu-, wait, i'll just text you it.
Dude 1 (receives text): OH