Muse is a great band from Britain, heres why:
- They have accessible music but its not too accessible
- They are noted for their outstanding live performances
- They are obviously talented and Matt Bellamy has never had a music lesson in his life
- Their performance at Glastonbury is what made them popular in Britain (they are good, thats what made them mainstream)
- Their two great albums Origin Of Symmetry and Absolution flirt with the line of dramatic-ness and lameness giving them an emotional intensity
- This intensity gives them soul and passion
- Their songs are not too cryptic but some have an air secrecy
- The music they play is not too complex and their songs can be catchy but it is not incredibly easy to play their music
- Matt Bellamy is awesome
- They are not into stupid optimism but they are definitely not depressed
Reasons to hate:
- So dramatic they come over as lame (not to me)
- They are Radiohead copycats (seriously, after Showbiz their music sounds nothing like Radiohead, if it ever did)
- Being a dumbass (there are plenty in the world)
- Not liking the vocals ... some might consider Origin Of Symmetry abrasive to the ears (at least he doesnt whine like Thom Yorke, and its not really very bad)
- Recently they have been singing about the government (OK this is a little lame, I still love them)
- Dont like heavy music at all (it might be a valid excuse)
As you can see the majority of people should like Muse, so listen to them.
Person 1: Have you heard of Muse? They are awesome.
Person 2: Yeah they are my favorite band; I love so many of their songs: Plug In Baby, Bliss, New Born, Feeling Good, Muscle Museum, Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, The Small Print, Endlessly, City Of Delusion, Map Of The Problematique, Knights Of Cydonia
Person 1: Yeah! We should see them live! I want to hear them play Stockholm Syndrome so badly!
The best band in the world, and they are british :) Very good live aswell!
Tom: I saw muse last nite
Dick: Arnt they the best band in the world?
Harry: Arnt they the best live band 2?
Tom: YES YES YES!!!! MUSE ARE THE BEST!!11!!ONE!!!11111111111
Muse is a band that I love with a passion, it's the coolest band you will ever come across. Its genre is mostly progressive rock, it can get a little heavy and it can be a little soft as well.
Think of the coolest band ever and you're almost there!
Only the most amazing, melodically creative band that exists/has ever existed/will ever exist. They show such a sparkling array of talent that it puts every talented person to shame.
The 3 greatest men ever. 'Sex' in human form.
Jon: I saw Muse live last night, then went home and listened to them on my hi-fi. I had such a boner on both occasions. They are the best.
James: I so agree. I used to slag them off, but now i love them more than i love my family. They rock.
Quite simply, this three person band from Great Britain produces the best music im sure I will ever hear. Hearing "Thoughts of a Dying Athiest" makes me want to touch myself.
If you like Muse, give yourself a high five!
If you have never heard Muse, go to www.muse.mu where you can hear their music.
If you don't like Muse, then you can go fuck off and die, because you are, no doubt, an ignorant bastard with less appreciation for good music than N*sync fans.
Quinten: *Gives Jake 5 dollars*
Jake: What is this for?
Quinten: Thanks for telling me to listen to Muse. They kick ass!
Really the only band you need in your life.
Their music will soundtrack and heighten every emotion you've ever experienced, whilst quite literally blowing your mind, reducing you to tears, making your heart burst in sheer rapture and making you want to bow down and worship at the feet of the three virtuosically talented English musicians who created it.
Like drugs, only much better.
Muse = aural sex.
Muse = Better. Than. Sex.
Muse are a band from Teignmouth, composed of three men - Matthew James Bellamy (vocals, piano, keys, lead guitar) Chris Wolstenhome (bassist) and Dom Howard (drums and percussion)
There style is progressive rock, and they are a fantastic band live. England should be proud they have managed to produce such a good rock band in all the crappy nescafe quick fix music thats around today.
Dom is a fab drummer, Chris is an awesome bassist, my personal fave after Flea, and Matty is a cutey and can do the most amazing vocals, the only person i can think of who is better is the lead singer of COF (cradle of filth)
MUSE RAWWK I SAW THEM @ LIVE 8!!
Best band EVER from the good old Albion. 'Mazing live. Ultimate legend icons. Also very good on the eyes.
Char: What are you listening to, Al?
Char: Ahhhh the most generation-defining rock act the world has ever seen