U of M fans will knock the education, but 90% of them didn't attend college and got their gear at Wal-Mart. They tend to be overweight, diabetic, ugly, and speel lik thise. If you're a guy, you can't help but walk around with a boner because there are so many hotties walking around. Beware - STDs are rampant, but this a case at many universities. Just wrap your junk with a garbage bag or an entire roll of Cling Wrap and you'll be fine.
The best university in the state of Michigan! Anyone that says different didn't even graduate from high school. Appalachian State, anyone? Didn't think so.
2. Not filled with snobby assholes.
3. Best party school around.
4. Big Ten sports, awesome basketball team.
2. State students don't automatically think they are better than the rest of the world. I got into the University of Michigan, but I chose to go to state because my head isn't stuck up my ass.
3. "Michigan State University will no longer be considered for our annual list of party schools because we feel it is unfair to include professionals on a list of amateurs." -Playboy
Not even tear gas can keep us from having a good time.
4. NCAA men's basketball team (26-7)repeatedly in final four.
"A dynamic and diverse academic community, MSU offers all the vibrancy and excitement you'd expect from one of the most comprehensive campuses in the United States. With an extensive array of high-quality undergraduate, graduate, and preprofessional programs and resources, there's a perfect academic fit for everyone. Outside the classroom, students make connections and feel at home through a powerful network of close-knit communities and inclusive initiatives--including more than 500 student organizations and a range of support services. Undergraduates, as well as graduate students, work side by side with accomplished faculty on research and creative projects and benefit from interacting with other outstanding students from a variety of backgrounds. In addition to the largest single-campus residence hall system in the nation, MSU offers an active Greek community and living-learning communities that bring together students with similar majors and interests to live and attend classes. MSU students benefit from being part of a proud Spartan tradition and myriad on-campus activities and events--including Big Ten athletics and acclaimed performances and productions--as well as life-changing opportunities for study abroad, service learning, and community engagement."
-The American Association of State Colleges and Universities and The National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges
About 5% of the students spend their weekends watching TV and playing video games, and the other 95% endlessly drink to starve off the boredom.
However, that's how most universities are like, and it is still way better than Ann Arbor, in terms of teaching real-world knowledge, making MSU grads more hireable.
Person 2: There are many other ways to live a fufilling life that don't involve taking useless classes and dressing up in North Face clothing...
Person 1: yea well ur jelous dat u didn't get in n00b
Jared age 16: I fucking hate high school. The teachers are always riding my ass about not doing homework-I don't need to do homework because I'm so smart I'll just ace the test. I can't wait until I get into Michigan. I've been watching Michigan football since I was 5.
Jared age 17: Fuck Cindy's party. Ryan and me are taking a road trip to watch Michigan fuck Ohio up in Columbus.
Jared age 18: I can't believe I'm still waitlisted. I've already been accepted to state, but maybe there is a chance I'll get in to Michigan still. Fuck State. It’s for hicks and tards anyway. Damn it. Why did I slack off these last 4 years? If only worked harder.
Jared on Graduation Day: Fuck you Paul. I didn't get rejected from Michigan. Technically I'm still waitlisted. Besides State is an okay school and I'll probably just transfer after a year of banging State hoes. Who gives a fuck anyway--I'm just anxious to get stoned before the senior all night party.
Jared age 21: Fuck those Michigan nerds. I never wanted to go there anyway. I've been a State fan my whole life. They waste their lives studying. And finally I'm old enough to go out to the bars--sure I couldn't get laid in the frats but I'm sure my luck will change at the bar. I just have to nail the hoes when their really drunk. I'll swoop in as soon as the bouncers take them out and offer to walk her home. I know I have a test Monday but fuck it. I'm smart enough to study Sunday and ace it.