A Video Gamer's absolute favorite Video Game - The game can also be a guilty pleasure that no one, or very few people know about.
Mark: Metal Gear Solid 3 is my Gamer Porn. I can play it for hours - days even.
Jesse: I thought your Gamer Porn was Rumble Roses
Mark: Well it is, but if anyone asks you my Gamer Porn is Metal Gear Sold 3
Once upon a time during the era of Nintendo's mega-popular console, the NES, there was a company named Konami.more...
This company had a developer named Hideo Kojima, who became the main face for Konami's most popular games at the time. Castlevania, Metal Gear, Contra, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. All popular among gamers and all go on to have popular sequels.
Although they lay dormant (with the exception of a Castlevania and TMNT game) during Nintendo's godlike SNES days, they exploded onto the scene at maximum velocity on the PSX.
Along with Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (highly acclaimed by fans and critics), they also released Metal Gear Solid, which revolutionized games by improving the concept of cinematic gaming beyond anything developers had done before (including SquareSoft). Along with these titles, Konami created many excellent series such as Winning Eleven, Dance Dance Revolution, Silent Hill, Suikoden, and Vandal Hearts.
However, it is even here that one can see the foreshadowing of Konami's future. On the N64, they released their first 3D Castlevania, but it turned out to be a failure. This failure was made all the more painful by the fact that their PSX Contra games were also failures.
Finally, with the arrival of the PS2, Konami unleased onto the world Metal Gear Solid 2...and it marked the beginning of the end. While a commercial success and received well by many critics, it was quickly realized that the success came from love of the orig...
|3.||New Germany, Nova Scotia|
How true are these???more...
For those who grew up in New Germany, there you, and recognize the
1) what "dasn't" means
2) that "coppers" aren't police but a form of money
3) that "hooters" aren't on a woman, but something you smoke to get high
4) you took your father's work truck to school, complete with diesel,
powersaw, or chains on back
5) the community pool is on the lake
7) that the only Tim Horton's coffee available is Irving coffee
8) the line up at the liquor store at 10am is only equal to the banking line
on cheque day
9) where a traffic jam means a tractor trailer is parked in the road
10) that squirelling means spinning your tires ... bonus points if it's in
the school parking lot
11) leaving school to go to one of three greasy eateries means summer's in
12) you know what a Kirk's jerk is
13) the Station yard
14) you call a volunteer firefighter to find out where the fire is
15) you go to Bridgewater and *they* make fun of your Lunenburg County
16) you know that the video store was actually a drug store
17) you stayed at "The Welfare Hotel"
18) you were conceived at the Canada Day garden party
19) you've gone tubing down the river
20) you buy vegetables or fish out of the back of a truck
21) you let your wife get a hunting license so you can bag two deer
22) your car has been hit by deer a minimum of two times
23) there's a CB in your truck
24) you read the "Court Report" to make sure they didn't sp...