1. Innermost planet
in the solar system
, and officially the smallest major planet since Pluto
was demoted to the newly created category of dwarf planet
in 2006. Diameter
c. 3,050 miles. Large iron core
, pitted surface, negligible atmosphere
. Orbital period
s. Rotational period
59 days. Surface temperature
ranges from minus 180 to plus 430 degrees Centigrade
. No natural satellite
at surface about 38 percent
of Earth gravity. Currently
(in 2008) being mapped by the MESSENGER space probe
2. The planet's namesake
was the messenger god
of ancient Rome
, well known for his winged sandals
and identified with intersex
identity and hermaphroditism
. Greek counterpart
surname of lead singer Freddie
of the rock group Queen
. Born Farrokh Bulsara September
5th 1946, died of AIDS
24th 1991. With his band
provided much of the soundtrack
for various movie
s, most notably Higlander
. A real character
4. Metallic chemical element
at room temperature
around 13.5 grammes per cubic centimetre (or times that of water
), atomic number
80. Symbol Hg, from Latin Hydrargyrum, derived from Greek
form meaning "water-silver". Toxic
ed or vapour
d, affects nervous system
, used in barometer
s and numerous other application
Mercury has been visited by the spacecraft Mariner 10 and MESSENGER.
Please Mercury, may my courier reach Julius Octavius in time.
Freddie Mercury ROCKED.
Make sure you don't bite the thermometer too hard, or you'll get shards of glass in your mouth and a few drops of mercury down your throat.
A metal that is liquid at room temperature. It is typically used in thermometers, barometers, and other measuring devices. Is toxic to humans because it causes permanent brain and nerve damage. Mercury is nicknamed "quicksilver" because it was once used to shine hats and shoes before people realized that it caused insanity (Mad Hatter anyone?).
James developed severe schizophrenia
within two years of working at a mercury factory.
The closest planet to the Sun
Mercury is the fastest planet
1st planet from the sun. Hot on both sides. 2nd hottest planet(second to venus
, the 2nd planet from the sun). its year is the shortest because it's path around the sun is shorter(you'd be like twice as old there). if you visited venus you'd die. you step on the ground and you burst into flame. just like arizona.
hi, i'm visiting mercury. i died 3 minutes before landing.
1) The red stuff inside a thermometer.
2) The first planet from the sun
3) A car company
4) Acting like, portraying, or a person who is being like the late Queen lead singer Freddie Mercury.
1) Young Steve broke open the thermometer and tasted the red stuff inside, called mercury.
2) No humans can ever inhabit the planet Mercury, because one side of the planet is too hot, while the other side is too cold.
3) Mr. Poe recently bought a 1999 Mercury Villiager, because his 1988 Honda Accord exploded.
4) "John is being such a mercury today," remarked Joanne, "He is wearing a spandex jumpsuit for no reason and he keeps ending everything he says with "Darling" or "Dear"."
Pink streaks with in the hair, that is possible to get sucked into if not properly medicated.
Look out for the Mercury, you dont want to get sucked into the well, very bad things can happen to you.
shoot your mercury all over my face