Small cats whose vocal chords/boxes are not fully developed do tend to utter "Miw"s or "Miuw"s but never Meaow.
If the whole population simply referred to Maw as the noise made by a cat, it would be a much Mawer place.
2. Word overused by people with nothing more interesting to say. It's quite fun really. Maw.
Fred strokes cat
Fred: Good Cat!
Fred deprives cat of food
Fred: Oh sorry Cat.
Fred fetches food for cat, and presently feeds it
Fred: No problem, Cat.
Fred purchases dog
Fred's Mother: So Fred, when are you getting married?
Fred: Maw. Marriage is so Maw. Get Mawed.
Fred's Mother: That's lovely dear.
2. Person 1. "Naw, yer fish"
3. Person 2. "Naw yer maw" (person 2 clearly wins the argument, it's easy when you know how)
2. "Middle Aged Woman" or any other person demonstrating characteristics stereotypical of "Middle Aged Women"
3. A very dangerous predator in the mall parking lot, especially around Christmas season.
The worst thing about being a store manager is dealing with all of the MAWs.
The MAW wanted to speak to my manager and told me I was getting fired because she didn't want to follow the store policy on returning dollar sun glasses.
A MAW was pumping gas while talking on her cell phone and didn't notice the gas pump had fallen out of the gas tank spilling 20 gallons of gas which led to a fire burning down half of the city. The MAW still called customer service and complained about the 50 extra dollar charged to her credit card.
The MAW wanted an apple slicer that didn't core apples and then complained to our store when there were seeds in her apple pie.
If someone is acting this way, the natural thing to do is to point at this person while saying 'maaaaaaaaaaw', so that the person is aware that they have acted in a timid way that shows no backbone in the situation they find themselves in.
This place is full of maws.
I am drowning in maw.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaw (while pointing at culprit)