1) A Hooker
2) A person whose behavior and/or attitude do not conform to societal norms and can only be described as being Maverickish.
3) A person who actions and behavior are strange to those around them and subject to Sociology experiments. All of which cannot determine the reasons for the said Maverick's strange and bizarre behavior.
4) Someone who gets numerous tattoos to express their love of some encryption protocols and mythical creatures.
5) A Maverick.
Do you see that guy over there?
Do you mean the Maverick?
Yeah, what is going on with that guy? What the fuck is he doing? I cannot understand his actions.
Dude he's a maverick, a rebel who was born to fight against the norm in a manner that can only be described as mildly cool and slightly interesting when compared with those around him.
Someone who refuses to play by the rules. he/she isn't scared to cross the line of conformity. but their unorthodox tactics get results!
you want to watch out for that guy, he dosen't play by the rules-he's a maverick
pro-McCain ad: ....the original maverick!
A throwaway word used by Sarah Palin when she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about.
Q: Governor Palin, what is your position on the science of global warming and climate change?
A: Well, Senator McCain is a maverick, and I'm a maverick and a hockey mom, which is a lot like a pit bull with lipstick. I may not be answering your question the way you and the liberal media want me to answer it, but that's because I'm a maverick. And Senator McCain is a maverick, but without the lipstick. Did I mention that we're mavericks?
1. Originally used by ranchers to signify an unbranded cow, mavericks were cattle/a cow that never ran with the pack.
See synonym at loner
2. In common parlance
in the western world to mean one who seems to 'float' between many friend circles, always bored or never satisfied by one clique
3. Someone who doesn't follow.
See synonym at leader
Guy 1: "Would you look at him? He has so many friends, and never seems to be around any of them"
Girl 1: "Yeah, he's kind of weird..."
Guy 2: "He's just a maverick"
One that refuses to abide by the dictates of or resists adherence to a group; a dissenter.
Ricardo is a maverick, he is different than everybody else, you know this!
The only adjective Sarah Palin can use to describe John McCain.
"John McCain's a Maverick!"
A lengendary big wave break located just off of Pillar Point, north of Half Moon Bay, California. During a big swell the face can reach 50-60 feet.
The real green monster is not envy, it is Mavericks.