2. For non-residents of Massachusetts, it is a term of dislike for the people of Massachusetts that drive like an asshole.
2. Don't even think about cutting me off, you masshole!
A Masshole takes pride in his aggressive and illegal driving habits. They are too cool to use turn signals. They will nearly wreck you as they cut you off pulling out of the local strip mall, and then drive 30 miles an hour in a 55 zone while they try to light their cigarette while screaming at their children.
A Masshole's car could be a brand new BMW or a beat up 88 Chevy Caprice. It will probably have a "My Kid is an Honor Student" sticker and a sticker endorsing some Irish or Italian local politician you've never heard of.
Massholes infest the nicer northern states of New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine during the summer months and, ironically, do nothing but complain about the lack of malls once they get there.
Examples of such behavior might include, but should not be limited to: tailgating, lane drifting, weaving, random stopping, randomly leaving a turn signal on, not using a turn signal to indicate a turn, inability to merge, inability to yield, inability to observe posted signs for anything, or any combination of these.
1) Never use your blinker.
2) If you want to change lanes, wait until there is someone to cut off
3) The speed limit is a guideline; it is the bare minimum you should go. Ideally, you should be going about 25-30 mph above it
4) No U-Turn signs are just a suggestion, you can bang a U-ie wherever you damn well please
5) Tailgating is mandatory if there is any traffic at all
6) One hand on the wheel, one hand on the horn
7) If you see someone with a Yankees sticker, ride up even closer on their tail
8) Change lanes frequently
A Masshole isn't a shitty driver. He may piss you off, but he ultimately gets there faster and without crashing. It's an acquired skill
He also is probably smarter than anyone from any other state, and yet still can drink like a true Irishman
The Masshole test is simple. Go down Route 3 from Braintree to the Sagamore Bridge. If you do it in under 30 minutes, you're a Masshole
Someone else: Dude, you're such a fuckin' Masshole