People from Massachusettes, usually pretty cool, but are referred to Massholes by out-of-state people that are jealous (i.e. Cow Hampshire).
While in New Hampshire, it is not uncommon to be called "Masshole" by the locals when it becomes obvious you're not from around there.
1. For residents of Massachusetts, it is an achieved title for drving faster, being wreckless, cutting other drivers off often, and having no patience for other drivers on the road.
2. For non-residents of Massachusetts, it is a term of dislike for the people of Massachusetts that drive like an asshole.
1. I was such a masshole today when I went down route 128 at 98 mph.
2. Don't even think about cutting me off, you masshole!
N: Generalized term for a resident of Massachusetts......has evolved to mean any obnoxious loudmouth. The most genuine Massholes are so ignorant and belligerent that they think Masshole is a compliment.
A Masshole takes pride in his aggressive and illegal driving habits. They are too cool to use turn signals. They will nearly wreck you as they cut you off pulling out of the local strip mall, and then drive 30 miles an hour in a 55 zone while they try to light their cigarette while screaming at their children.
A Masshole's car could be a brand new BMW or a beat up 88 Chevy Caprice. It will probably have a "My Kid is an Honor Student" sticker and a sticker endorsing some Irish or Italian local politician you've never heard of.
Massholes infest the nicer northern states of New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine during the summer months and, ironically, do nothing but complain about the lack of malls once they get there.
For Christmas, Santa brings New Hampshire thousands of Massholes on vacation.
An adjective, typically used to describe a rude or discourteous person, most commonly in conjunction with the operation of a motor vehicle.
Examples of such behavior might include, but should not be limited to: tailgating, lane drifting, weaving, random stopping, randomly leaving a turn signal on, not using a turn signal to indicate a turn, inability to merge, inability to yield, inability to observe posted signs for anything, or any combination of these.
Just ride on the Mass Pike. Multiple examples will immediately come to mind.
1) A person from Massachusetts
2) A terrible driver
3) All of the above
Drive through Boston, and the meaning of the word will become clear.
WHAT THE HELL that fucking masshole just cut me off!
Any Massachusetts driver who abides by the driving rules of Massachusetts highways (128, 93, 495, 3, and the Pike, but not West of Worcester). These rules are:
1) Never use your blinker.
2) If you want to change lanes, wait until there is someone to cut off
3) The speed limit is a guideline; it is the bare minimum you should go. Ideally, you should be going about 25-30 mph above it
4) No U-Turn signs are just a suggestion, you can bang a U-ie wherever you damn well please
5) Tailgating is mandatory if there is any traffic at all
6) One hand on the wheel, one hand on the horn
7) If you see someone with a Yankees sticker, ride up even closer on their tail
8) Change lanes frequently
A Masshole isn't a shitty driver. He may piss you off, but he ultimately gets there faster and without crashing. It's an acquired skill
He also is probably smarter than anyone from any other state, and yet still can drink like a true Irishman
The Masshole test is simple. Go down Route 3 from Braintree to the Sagamore Bridge. If you do it in under 30 minutes, you're a Masshole
Me: I made it from Boston to Hyannis in under an hour
Someone else: Dude, you're such a fuckin' Masshole
Massachusetts + Asshole = Masshole
I'm a masshole and I'm proud of it!
Sox and Pats kick ass!
Guy or Girl from Massachusetts who expresses love by busting your balls. All others bow to them because they're jealous of their ruleitude. They talk fast, walk fast, drive fast, think fast and no one gets their sense of humor because it is dripping with sarcasm. WE are proud of it, because we know that the rest of the country is too plebeian to understand the complexity of awesome that is us.