Due to the image Marilyn Manson potrays, he and his band gain a lot of negativety, which is also due to he and his band's individuality, as it is far from mainstream metal and trails off further from the Industrial genre itself.
He is quite aware of his image and what it potrays. but why change it when he has such a large number of fan who simply enjoy his music and, being a fan myself, his "pride" in his originality.
He also does great cover songs!!
Emo kid "You know Manson kills little animals?"
Metal-head with real taste in rock music: "Piss off emo fag go cut your wrist's to Simple Plan"
2. A man who pours his heart into his music, and happens to have opinions other than the mainstream, so he is victimized
3. The most misunderstood person on the face of the earth.
4. The most convenient person for conservatives to blame when something goes wrong
2. Marilyn Manson is smarter than you.
3. People don't like Marilyn Manson because they don't take the time to consider that he, too, is human and has feelings. All they see is his dissent from the socially accepted, which many view as wrong.
4. Right-wing Politician: Marilyn Manson caused Columbine, 9/11, the Holocaust, the Cold War, Laci Peterson's death, and the Trojan War.
Someone Intelligent: No, he didn't.
Right-wing Politician: You are the Antichrist.
Me: "Screw you kid. You obviously don't know what you're talking about."
Random kid: "Yes I do. I judge people by their appearance."
Me: "Thats why I hate you."
2. Whom every pre-teen poseur goth says they like these days to get street cred, unfortunately giving Manson a bad name in some peoples eyes.
2. Omg! marilyn manson is sooo cool. im gonna go buy me sum black clothes!
Me- Marilyn Manson is not shit.
Idiot- But he's a devil worshipper!
Me- No, he is not.
Idiot- I HATE YOU!!!
Me- You fail at life.
Hello! This is it!
Call me crazy, but I don't think about it any further. I don't care if he's 'main-stream' or not, or if he believes in religion or not, or if he likes Avril Lavigne's music. Is it just me who realises you don't have to like an artist/musician/whatever to like what they do?? I'm sure I wouldn't like Marilyn Manson if I met him, and I'm sure there are plenty of things we'd disagree on, but that doesn't efin' matter. I like his music, without making it a religion. So lighten up!