1. Band geeks have the most fun!
2. meet the most amazing people
3. plays the most amazing music
4. amazingly awesome band camp in the summer!
5. we are such a huge family!
6. we have the most fun in the entire school!
7. we always look out for eachother
8. letterman jackets that say "marching band" or "drumline" (like mine ;D) on the back are just plain awesome
9. we make those uniforms look sexy!
10. did i mention that we have the most fun out of everybody??
11. the band directors are sometimes very sexy
12. you just might find that one person that you will love forever..... <3
Random Kid: "hey, what are you doing this friday night? wanna go see a movie?"
Me: "you may be sexy...and i would love to go out... but there is a football game, and i have marchin band, which is 10x cooler then you will ever be!!"
Boyfriend: "Hey, you look super sexy!"
Me: "Awww, thanks! i guess this marching band uniform really brings out the color in myeyes!"
1. Mainly, a group of musicians playing and staying in step all together.
2. A family who loves spending time together.
3. Best way to make friends freshman year.
4. Something to do on Friday nights.
5. A lot of hard work, but TONS of fun.
6. The most fun thing you'll ever do.
7. A thing that will change how you look at school, and the class you look forward to everyday.
8. Something that is often misunderstood for being "nerdy" or "geeky".
9. One of those things that will change your whole highschool experience, for the better.
10. A way to meet some of the greatest people you will ever meet, and never forget.
Guy 1: Man, I'm so glad it's almost football season
Guy 2: Why? The football team sucks.
Guy 1: Two words. Marching Band
Girl 1: Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I did band this year.
Girl 2: Why?
Girl 1: I know where all my classes are from band camp
, I made so many new friends I'll never forget, and plus, band is where I met my winter formal date.
The one hard, time consuming, learning experience that you wait all year for. Spending time with the boys, laughing at the trumpets, being molested by the low brass, never hearing the Clarinets. And making up stupid inside jokes and Callbacks. Hearing the phrase "Alright, one more time and we can have a water break! " from your director. But you never care. You enjoy it.
Why is the Football team on the Marching Band Field?
Life. You meet your bestest friends here and the whole band becomes your second family. Marching band is spent as work and play. You learn how to read drill charts, how to march CORRECTLY and IN TIME, and how to make non-band members be jealous of you. That's the work.
Band is also a lot of fun. The opinions of non-band members don't matter. Your fellow bandmates are the closest ones to you. You tell "one time at band camp" jokes, tell stories about when so and so screwed up, and just overall enjoy your time with your second family, the ones you love.
We work harder than the football team, we get more respect than the football team, and we practice longer than the football team. We are the only reason people come to the games. Don't listen to people who say band is weird. THEY ARE WRONG. BAND= LIFE. :D
(In a restaurant, two friends, one in band, one is not, are eating lunch.)
Dawn: I'm so excited to go to the football game tomorrow!
Jamie: Why? Our football team sucks! We're in last place too.
Dawn: Two words. Marching band.
possibly the BEST thing ever invented. it's a way to connect with people and make amazing friends that will last forever. it's hard work, but it really pays off. marching band is a second family.
A: Hey, you wanna hang out tonight?
B: Only if by "hanging out" you mean going to marching band practice.
1. My life
2. A place where you can be yourself, and know that nobody (almost nobody) is going to make fun of you
3. The marching band consists of many social cliques, and gossip and fighting tends to spread around. But that's life
4. Normally comes with a color guard--the color guard is a group of girls, and sometimes a few guys.
5. The color guard is super annoying because they always try to take our boyfriends.
6. The color guard never stays on beat with us, and it really annoys us.
7. Band bus rides home, always consist of making out, cuddling, random singing, occasional dancing, and on special, romantic occasions, fingering. (Yes in the pants)
8. Band is NOT for nerds. Almost all the band members in our band are considerably attractive.
9. The band bus was where I got my first kiss.
10. The band director is a complete ass, but we don't care because being in band is totally worth it.
11. If you aren't in marching band you can never achieve the level of badass that we are.
12. BAND SHOWS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN LIFE ITSELF
One time we went on a marching band show and nothing felt more wonderful than hearing our highschool name announced over the loud speaker as first place winners. We hugged. We cried with joy. We screamed. We felt perfect. We were all a team of friends in unity. Nothing is better than that feeling.
1.Best Sport Ever
2.Hard as Hell
3.Bus rides are epik
4.One real big family, with incest involved
5.The Band Hall is your Second Home
6.Where you learn how to play an insterment WHILE moving
8.Where you change on the Band Bus or infront of everyone in the slot room
9.Where Band Camp is the highlight of your summer
10.Where the director yells at you every change he gets
11.Where you are pround to be called a Band NERD
'Being in the marching band is just like football, except backwards and while doing something complex in a weird uniform.'
'PICK UP THOSE TOES!!!' --My band director
Marching band body:
Colorguard is the Image of the show, Drumline is the heartbeat, while the Band is the Body.