1. A person who is undergoing a manic episode. Can often seem like the person has had a dozen coffees at once.
Symptoms may include increased speech, a rush of thoughts/hard to follow thought trains, compulsive movements (Finger tapping, dancing, darting head movements etc.) excessive energy, reduced need to sleep (Sometimes going for a week or more without sleeping) and increased appetite.
Can also include boosted confidence, a feeling of almost euphoric happiness, increased production of adrenalin and/or endorphins, excessive or lack of libido and a highly reduced sense or fear of danger.
Often highly intelligent and eccentric, though hard to talk to without going far off topic or spending hours listening to one giant spontanious rant.
Most common in people with the medical conditions mania
, manic depression
2. A descriptor applied to people meaning to display a near obsessive love of something. See also: otaku
1. John is a maniac. He often goes days without sleep and seems to never stop moving, plus he seems to always be far ahead of his work.
2. Harry is such a footballmaniac. He's been to every home game this season and won't stop talking about it. He's even painted his car in his teams colors!
1. A person who is crazy, insane, or generally dangerous
2. A player of Dance Dance Revolution
who can easily earn A's on songs in Heavy mode.
1. Man, those guys at Colombine
2. Dude! That Maniac just got a AA on Max Unlimited!
when one does something in a way thats crazy,
or you could use cocaine that is also another word
Damn dogg last night was maniacs!
Do you have the maniacs on you?
Usually a person who will do and say practiclly anything and has to be pointed out publicly to warn all others around that kind of person.
Andrew: Jimmy!, you're a maniac
Tobar: Haro, you're a maniac! who let you out of the asylum!?
Refers to the ultimate fans of the girl group, Girlicious. It comes from their music video, titled Maniac, off their second album, Rebuilt. The nickname for these fans was given after the departure of 4th member, TIffanie Anderson.
1st person: "Hey, do you like that group Girlicious?"
2nd person: "Oh yeah. I'm a maniac!"
Title of a song, it was sang by Michael Sembello in the 80's.
"The song "Maniac" is the #1 hit for this year."
an induviual who is said to have mental incapabilities aka lunatic
wtf! she just grabbed the teacher's computer! what a maniac