Young/pre teens that spend time at the mall just to hang out whenever they get the chance with no other particular purpose. Kids that walk around the mall in groups of 2-4.
"Mall Rats" refers to young teens between ages 13-15, male for female (mostly female).
A surly teenager who spends all of his or her time at the mall with friends. Typically seen standing around glaring at customers -- sometimes these fascinating creatures will pick fights with mall security and call them "fascists" for enforcing the mall's loitering bylaws. Also often seen intimidating the elderly people in the clothing stores, they flock back to the "baggy pants with mile-long wallet-chain" section of the clothing store when an employee threatens to call the police.
Those mall rats look like a bunch of hosers, I wish they'd get lives and a job.
Usually, preteens, who have no where else to go on friday or saturday nights since they dont have cars and cant get in anywhere anyway. These youngsters walk around the mall for hours at a time, and usually do not make one single purchase. Also, female mallrats usally wear the sluttiest clothing ever. These girls actually think that there are people to impress at the mall and that they will somehow meet their dream man there.
I went to the mall to get new shoes on friday and i saw the same mall rats pass by me at least ten times!
1) A movie directed by Kevin Smith, a comedial genious.
2) A person who spends their time at the mall for no particular reason.
They're not there to shop. They're not there to work. They're just there.
A person, typically an adolescent, who spends a good part of the day at the mall
, mostly window-shopping or hanging out at the cafeteria.
The best fucking movie ever made.
Anyone who doesn't like MallRats is a dip shit.
A mallrat is a person who spends a long time in a mall (or 'shopping centre' for the British). Especially if the primary intention is not actually shopping. This tends to be young teenagers/preteens, mooching in groups/cliques. Retired people sometimes do this too (in a different way) since they have nothing else to do. Equivalents of this exist for the high street (streetrats?), the park and other places where people 'hang'. This behaviour is caused by:
1. A lack of other things to do in a boring town.
2. A lack of funds, preventing actual activity (like films), but a wide and active social circle.
3. A broken or otherwise annoying home that must be escaped from.
4. School holidays devoid of actual vacationing/activity/homework, creating a sudden excess of free time.
5. Apathy; a lack of motivation, education, employment, a need for distraction in these circumstances.
6. Simply the desire to meet friends in a convenient place.
A mallrat isn't just a teen who hangs around in a mall for ages. A true mallrat displays some of the following characteristics:
1. You never actually buy anything, except perhaps drinks and snacks. You may not even bring money even if you could.
2. You treat the mall as an actual activity in itself, not just a way to meet others, use any facilities, etc.
3. You know the names of the security guards, where they walk, when the shops open, the menus of all the food/drink places, where the garbage is disposed of, the PIN code to the staff en...
A movie that doesn't get the credit that it desearves. One of Kevin Smith's best movies
Would you like a chololate cover pretsel