A people composed of farmers and goat-herders who's favourite pass-times are spending all day in a half-drunk haze eating imported olives and feta cheese, drinking moonshine, arguing pointlessly and frequently, eating kashkeval, bread, peppers, pickled food, tomatoes and sausages, informing others on the history and status of their families and ancestors, and infrequently getting conquered by technologically superior nations (which is everyone outside Albania, and even then...) to the point of making the Scots look like champions.
According to legend, the name is derived from the root words "Mah-ke" (suffering) and "dom" (home) giving the name of this imaginary nation as "homeland of suffering".
Many modern Macedonians are very similar to modern Bulgarians, the language is almost identical, although they have had, for the most part, a different political history.
The world is generally composed of five people -
1. People who know they are Macedonian because they speak Macedonian, have distinct Macedonian customs and cultural idioms and attitudes, and come from Macedonian villages that have had a similar heritage AT LEAST since before England even was
2. People of Macedonian background who have adopted the Greek language and have adopted Greek customs, idioms and attitudes for one of two reasons (it's more chic for them to be Greek, or because it is simply easier for them socially)
3. Greeks who have picked up the imaginary arguments extolled by the Greek government and hold onto them collectively to the point of totally ignoring the blatantly obvious
4. The rest of the world, which really doesn't give a fuck and wants both sides to shut the fuck up ASAP
, and doesn't really understand what both sides have to say.
5. People who think Kurds are Iranian and Turkish at the same time, that Scots are really English, that the Irish are basically English, that Native Americans should forget about their culture, and generally can't perceive political propaganda when they see it (or simply refuse to do so). Very similar to person #3.
Greek: 2300 years Macedonians and Greeks were the same thing! Macedonia is Greek! Alexander the Greek fought for Greece and did wonderful things for Greece! Alexander had a Greek teacher, he was in the Olympics, etc. etc. (insert countless pointless and distracting debating techniques here)
Macedonian #1: Ah bre! Macedonians were not like Greeks and didn't consider themselves Greek 2300 years ago, and the Greeks back then had differing opinions... listen here...
Macedonian #2: Forget it, it's pointless. This is stupid.
A person who is ethnically Macedonian...He is neither a Serb,nor Bulgarian,nor Albanian,and nor greek...He enjoys drinking home made RAKIJA who will get u drunk from one drip.He enjoys parties.A widehearted person who is very friendly to everyone,but also can become a deadly enemy if insulted.He enjoys killing greeks.Perhaps he is most close to the Turkish people more than others.Also the history and LAND of his nation is stolen from Gayreece Bulgaria and Serbia...He is hated by them because his identity...Although there are proofs that the Macedonian are different people from the greeks of FOPOG(Former Ottoman Province of Greece)the bulgarians and serbians...And a few questions...If the Macedonians were greeks then how come they butchered the greek armies at the battle of Chaeronea,burnt Teba to ash,worshipped different God from the greeks?And if they were Bulgarians,why did they joined forces against the Bulgarians in XX century and fought against the Bulgarian occupator in 1945?And if they were Serbs then why did they killed the serbian king in Marseille in 1939?-Although these races try to steal the history they know they will lose the war against the Macedonians...
Greek:Are you from Skopia?
Macedonian:NO,IM FROM MACEDONIA..
Greek:So,you are greek?
Macedonian:Are u kidding me...GREEKS ARE GAYS...
Macedonian:(hits him a punch and the greek falls 4 meters away)
Bulgarian:O bratja Makedonci...Kakvo pravite vie v nasha i vasha Blgarija?
Macedonian:Nasha?(hits the bulgarian with punch and the bulgarian yells:AH SHTE TI EBA MAJKATA SRABSKA!!!)
Serb:O Makedonac,shta ima novo u BJRM(FYROM)
Macedonian:Pa toa shto go nema vo BJRS(FYROS)(Former Yugoslavian Republic of Serbia)...
Serb:Ah mamu ti jebem bugarskog...
Macedonian:(hits the serb with a punch and the serb cries)...
Turk:Hey,are you from Macedonia
Turk:Nice...You are like brother to me...
A person from the Republic of Macedonia (Ìàêåäîíè¼à), Central Europe.
Brad: What nationality are you?
Stojan: I'm Macedonian.