1) If we are to believe the Bible, the prototype for humanity. Large, utilitarian, and fun to play with; however, being only human, not always rational.
2) A human male which is not neotenous. Surprisingly rare.
"If I ever get married, it's going to be to a man—not one of these bratty local guys!"
1. Man - A word used to address another, particularly in america.
2. Man - Human Being
1. "Dude, man, like, that dude over there just totally rocks, man.
2. "There is a man named Charlie who will meet you at the dock, give this money to him."
Clint Eastwood is the man
someone who will protect you when feeling scared and listen to you when feeling silent. someone who you can lean on for support
gurl, my man is the best he made me breakfast in bed.
Tentative name given to a male acquaintance or friend whose name you've totally forgotten.
Reasons for forgetting include: Not seeing them in a long time, forgotten name after being introduced, and/or too inebriated to function properly.
Friend: James! How have you been, it's been so long!
You: Hey man! Great to see you! I'm doing well!
A man is not a man until he has accessed his raw, untamed energy and taken pleasure in his capacity to fight and defend himself. Only then can he transform his blind rage into the power to commit himself, to handle tensions, and to make difficult decisions. A feeling of inner security also develops; it is based on his realization that, whatever happens to go wrong, he can get help from his inner resources, from the basic energy of his aggression.
Getting in touch with masculinity and mastering that power is what enables a man to penetrate the world of women, literally and figuratively. As long as a man believes cloying sweetness or blind violence is his only means of defending himself, he cannot enjoy a complete relationship with a woman. Before he can give himself up to the intimacy of a couple, he must be able to survive rejection
and he must make the break himself if that proves necessary.
- By Guy Corneau
Man: Leonardo Da Vinci
Can be used expressively or as an interjection.
"Man! I can't believe that punk did that!"