name of the moon goddess in greek mythology
popular first name for girls and common last name
comparable to the moon, it is a romantic name to call someone you feel love towards. Like the moon these people show only phases in their nature and attention to them is needed to truly see what the whole of their nature looks like. Guidance to those in the dark i.e. moths wolves owls etc. quirky klutzy and all around fun.
Luna slowly shows her sides to you like the moon that hangs above us.
Luna is a common trip while walking in an empty room.
Luna guides me like a moth to the moon.
1. "Moon" in Spanish and Italian. Basically means moon in almost all Romance Languages
2. A person who is really nice and caring, but hot
at the same time. Amazing in bed. Friendly with everyone and loves to hang out with her friends
3. The name of the cat in Sailor Moon
1. La LUNA e bellissima!
2. "Who is that?"
"I don`t know, but she is such a LUNA."
Person 1: "I love you, Luna. You're my Luna."
Person 2: "No you're Luna."
Person 1: "No you're Luna."
Person 2: "No you're Luuunnaaaa..."
Both giggle and embrace in ecstasy
Though usually referred to merely as the moon
, Luna is Earth
's only natural satellite. For the purposes of referring to Luna indirectly, it is proper to use feminine pronouns, such as "she" and "her."
Due to the orbital characteristics of the Earth
-Luna system, only one face of Luna is visible at any given time from Earth. This is because Luna's orbital period and rotational period are the same, and her orbit is retrograde to her rotation. Due to this inconvenient orbit, it was not until 1959, with the Soviets' launch of Luna 3, that humans even had photographs of the far side of Luna. Since then, her entire surface has been mapped.
As seen from Earth
, Luna appears to undergo a series of phases over a period of approximately a month. These phases are not, as is often thought, the result of Earth
casting any shadow on Luna. Luna's phases are the result of the angle between Sol
(the sun), Luna, and Earth
. Because Luna orbits Earth
, this angle constantly changes, and consequently, so does our viewpoint of Luna. At any given time, only one side of Luna is ever in any light, cast from Sol
. The othe...
1. the latin word for "moon"
2. a japanese manga/television character personified as a talking female cat from works by Naoko Takeuchi refering to Bishoujo Sailor Moon
3. an uncommon female name
4. the "moon goddess" in some latin myths. this is uncorrect as Luna was merely a woman associated with the moon in mythology.
In the word "lunatic", "luna" is the latin root meaning "moon".
A shit GUI for Windows XP.
Although computing isnt necesarily always about the GUI, im not saying that Luna didnt influence my desicion to install Linux. :)
1. Feminine name meaning "moon."
2. The mascot of New Moon magazine.
1. They decided to name their daughter Luna because she was born on a full moon.
3. When writing a letter to New Moon, she started it off "Dear Luna . . ."
The spanish word for moon
. Often used as a name for characters in anime, manga, movies and more.
Luna is an adorable kitten!
The moon, or luna, looks very pretty tonite.