1. A person who is unique and doesn't fit into any groups. (ex. punk, goth, cheerleader, jock, d***head, ect.) They are simply their own.
2. A person who society has labeled "unworthy of attention" or "different" or "retarded", when they are none. But they might not get happiness from society for turning them into freaks, leaving them friendless.
3) Someone who is wanted by everyone, but doesn't want to have to meet the excpectations.
If you see a loner, don't be a retard and make fun of them. Infact, you might be one yourself.
2. Haha, what are retarded loner, ooh he has a weird band shirt on! Let's beat him up!
3. Man, I would do ANYTHING to be his friend. Too bad he's a loner...
I'm a loner by society. Society can't take the fact that I am just myself. Screw society.
Occasionally, a loner will make friends despite their aversion to people in general. They're the happiest when they're alone, yet they make time to socialize with the friends they have & make new friends. However, they somewhat oppose hanging out in groups; they will be mostly quiet unless they know something that's related to an ongoing conversation. They take interest in things that require intelligence to understand, which can make them successful in the hard sciences, like computer science and engineering. This can lead to nerdy tendencies, which may make the loner appear to be a lonerd, a nerdy loner.
A loner is often misjudged by others who see them as lame, arrogant, weak or just plain weird. Despite that, they tend to concern themselves with their real problems instead of social ones. They are seen as one-of-a-kind and have many hidden talents. Get to know one and you will have a real friend in the making, and, in some cases, an intimate relationship.
Jen: "I think his way of doing his own thing makes him seem deep and not so average-douchebagish.."
Chris: *Keeps walking, totally keeping swag and solitude to the max, flashing a charming smile* "Hey."
Someone people call weird because they didn't give the loner a chance to get to know them.
Someone who keeps to themselves, doesn't like conflict, but could kick ass if needed.
Someone that no one really knows except a rare few.
Social when needed and usually very talkative.
A person who's been backstabbed way too many times.
Staying away so no one will get mad or jealous that she smiled and misunderstood it as being "flirting."
Someone who prefers being alone, or with few important people in their life, it's by choice. Less drama.
Small circles, chosen few, anti conflicts, kick ass, less drama.
Someone of these traits could constitute as "loner."