2. Similar to an Aaayy-mmmeeen!!, a common "shout" (see below) performed. Literally meaning 'truely' or 'it is so'. Very strong agreement.
3. shout : A 'shout' is both an individual thing and a thing of the gathered worshippers. While worshipping at a service or event, the worshipper starts to experience the presence of God, and it builds up inside until it can't be restrained and bursts forth in loud noises (whoops, stutters, short praise phrases and such, with raised arms and shaking hands) in praise to God. The noises are often followed by dancing, running, singing, or even fainting. There is no calm or quiet shout. In many African-American and Pentecostalist churches, it is an accepted and even cherished act of worship at certain times during the event or service. It becomes extra-special when people all over the sanctuary/auditorium/tent break out in shouts, losing themselves fully into praise. When that happens, it's full of both fun and joy.
"If you heard that, throw me a like!"
"Common y'all, give me a like!"
1. A term used by many junior high and high school students for having a crush.
2.(v.) same as "said" or "spoke"
3.In some teenage girls, a word spoken in between each word in a sentence.
2.". . .and so Strongbad was like, 'And the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHT!'"
3. "Yeah, like, i think, like, N Sync is, like, sooooooo, like, cool and, like, dreamy."-some girl
1b. In the manner of.
3. Used with the verb "to be" in dialogue attribution (quotes).
4. Used to express:
(a) an unspoken thought or
(b) an emotional reaction, especially when
5. A filler word, interchangeable with "uh."
1b. She sat like patience on a monument, / Smiling at grief.
2. There were, like, forty people in the theater.
3. He was, like, "Where are you going?"
4a. I was, like, What's wrong with you?
4b. I was, like, NO DAMMIT!!!
4c. I was, like, crying -- well, I mean, I wasn't crying, but I was so upset.
5. A covalent bond is, like, when the atoms share electrons, right?
Like then I was like this and then I was like that and then I was like why are you looking at me like that and then she was like...
Like, OMG what are you doing?
Like, wtf language is that that they speak. Like, can you like answer like that like question?
2. A level of romantic interest that is not as high as love, yet not exclusive to sex.
3. An idiot teenager conversation spacer that is virtually meaningless.
2. John is in like with Dave, because they are both fruits.
3. "So, like, I was like, 'Why don't we like do something?' <insipid high pitched giggle>" - Teenaged Girl with IQ 75
2. Randomly: Like, oh my God, that is, like, so wrong.