1. A term used by many junior high and high school students for having a crush.
2.(v.) same as "said" or "spoke"
3.In some teenage girls, a word spoken in between each word in a sentence.
2.". . .and so Strongbad was like, 'And the dragon comes in the NIIIIIIIIIGGGGHHT!'"
3. "Yeah, like, i think, like, N Sync is, like, sooooooo, like, cool and, like, dreamy."-some girl
1b. In the manner of.
3. Used with the verb "to be" in dialogue attribution (quotes).
4. Used to express:
(a) an unspoken thought or
(b) an emotional reaction, especially when
5. A filler word, interchangeable with "uh."
1b. She sat like patience on a monument, / Smiling at grief.
2. There were, like, forty people in the theater.
3. He was, like, "Where are you going?"
4a. I was, like, What's wrong with you?
4b. I was, like, NO DAMMIT!!!
4c. I was, like, crying -- well, I mean, I wasn't crying, but I was so upset.
5. A covalent bond is, like, when the atoms share electrons, right?
Like then I was like this and then I was like that and then I was like why are you looking at me like that and then she was like...
Like, OMG what are you doing?
Like, wtf language is that that they speak. Like, can you like answer like that like question?
2. A level of romantic interest that is not as high as love, yet not exclusive to sex.
3. An idiot teenager conversation spacer that is virtually meaningless.
2. John is in like with Dave, because they are both fruits.
3. "So, like, I was like, 'Why don't we like do something?' <insipid high pitched giggle>" - Teenaged Girl with IQ 75
2. Randomly: Like, oh my God, that is, like, so wrong.