Includes the following:
1. Youth/Ignorance - Naive, easily deceived, listen to mommy and daddy and what they say about the bad man in Washington D.C.
2. Self-entitlement mentality - The government owes me this and that. Gimme gimme gimme gimme. Fraudulent welfare checks and social security payments abound.
3. Foolishness - Let's give money to third world nations that won't use the money to help said nations - just to fuel those in power.
4. Apathy - nothing in the world is worth fighting for. Let everyone else suffer under tyrants as long as we have our drugs and our booze.
5. Prey on minorities - Vote for me, all you blacks and mexicans, and I'll put money that you didn't earn into your pockets! (NOT.)
6. Redistribution of wealth - take money from those who earn it and give it to those who don't do fuck all. See "entitlement mentality."
7. Irrationality - anyone who favors the other side or merely disagrees with a liberal is racist, politically incorrect, stupid, and naive for not having seen Fahrenheit 9/11 .
The state of this nation will not change with the presidency. The problems are still here - they didn't leave with George Bush. Everyone, especially liberals, wants to blame someone else for their problems, a scapegoat, if you will. The problem is the people. We have to better ourselves if we want a better future. No one is going to give it to us on a handout. It's not going to just drop out of Obama's ass like so many naive college students and Bush-haters believe. Everyone will have to work for it. Cut the liberal bullshit now.
If used in a non-political sense, "liberal" simply means "a lot."
I'd like a large popcorn with a liberal amount of butter, please.
Liberal is a person with liberal views. However, an EXTREME liberal is the WORST type of person. To start with they brainwash people. Then they convince you that their pre made views they hand to you are open minded. They tell you to hate Republicans and everyone who thinks differently than you. They are the first to throw around the word racist. Most extreme liberal abuse minorities. They look for a group typically blacks or hispanics, convince them they are nothing and need the liberals to survive, then exploit them for political power. Extreme liberals are usually igorant but claim everyone else is. They pretend to be looking out for the people but are only looking out for themselves. Some day people will realize this is the truth.
Now listen, I am only talking about EXTREME liberals. Liberals aren't great either but extreme are horrible Extreme republicans are just as bad. Extreme anything is bad. The moral of the story folks, stay middle of the road, don't completely trust any political group because hey, once you get far enough up in the line there is no difference in the groups they are all selfish and corrupt. Keep an open mind. Think for yourself. Don't believe everything you are told. Have fun. And pay attention to the details here before you flip on me.
Adjective - Falling to the left on the political spectrum of the average person, being in favour of more government control of economic actions (such as making minimum wage laws), but less governmental control of personal actions (such as allowing protesting)
noun - Any person who is liberal, as desribed above
The ACLU is a very liberal organization
Of course Mike wont vote for Bush; he's a liberal.
A liberal, in the American sense, is one who falls to the left in the political spectrum; In other parts of the world, however, liberalism is the belief in laissez-faire capitalism and free-market systems - hence the recently coined term, neoliberalism.more...
Although I do not like to generalize, for the purposes of a (somewhat) concise dictionary definition, here is the very basic liberal (American sense) ideology:
The federal government exists to protect and serve the people, and therefore, should be given sufficient power to fulfill its role successfully. Ways in which this can be accomplished include giving the federal government more power than local governments and having the government provide programs designed to protect the interests of the people (these include welfare, Medicare, and social security). Overall, these programs have helped extensively in aiding the poor and unfortunate, as well as the elderly and middle class.
To make sure that the interests of the people are served, it was liberals (or so they were considered in their time) that devised the idea of a direct democracy, a republic, and modern democracy. This way, it is ensured that the federal government represents the interests of the people, and the extensive power that it is given is not used to further unpopular goals. Liberals do not concentrate on military power (though that is not to say they ignore it), but rather focus on funding towards education, improving wages, protecting the...
1. Technically, someone who falls to the left in a political system, who believes in government programs (healthcare is a good example, as is welfare) and a larger scope of government, also favors monitoring of business and protection of constitutional rights. Someone who believes that the federal government should have more importance than state government,
2. Somehow, it has turned into an insult, like the word conservative. Usually used as such by people who have never taken a political science class and don't know what the word means. Often used to describe "liberal media" despite the fact that most media outlets are owned by conservative corporations like ClearChannel, and the prevalence of conservative talk shows.
1. "He has a liberal attitude towards life"
2. "That gay homo is a liberal comunnisst pinnko! Limbaugh toled me so, and O'reailly agreez! Fox News Rulz, they so impartial in their support of everything Bush! Goddamn liberal media!
noun: A person who, because of a brilliantly ineffectual two-party system, has been made out as the "enemy of democracy" in the minds of those currently in power. Every vicious, hateful post against these people (and against conservatives) helps take our minds off of the real ills of society so that we may feel like we're doing good by hating SOMETHING.
Bill: We should fight poverty.
Jim: Yeah, but you wouldn't know how, because you're a stupid pot-smoking hippie naive liberal.
Bill: Well you're a heartless selfish conservative, and I hate your views!
Jim: I hate your views too!
Bill: Well, I feel better about fighting poverty now.
Technically means those people who embrace all elements of society.
However it is more commonly used as a term for any left-winger.
The word 'liberal' is sloppily used.