Major gambling city, playland for the adults. Located in the middle of Nevada.
Me and Dennis Rodman is getting married in Las Vegas in 05.
A lot of you people need to stop hating on Vegas! Some of you are basing your definitions on tired stereotypes and don't realize that LV is more then drive through weddings and cheap motels and hookers!
We have very affluent suburbs, many beautifully designed Hotels, and thanks to all the tourists a booming economy! We also have excellent dinning, mostly good weather, and shopping that rival that of New York and LA.
And to address the issues of prostitution and gambling, prostitution is illegal in LV and if you have a gambling addiction... don't gamble genius, simple as that!
Yes, it is true we have problems here but so do all large cities. Also on a side note our murder rates are lower then a lot of cities and our city’s "ghettos" are much safer too.
Look, I know it's not perfect but what city is?
n. A city in southern Nevada best known for the Strip
, a street lined with mega-resorts and casinos. Also: a city in New Mexico.
Let's go to Las Vegas and gamble on the Strip.
Top-10 Reasons Why Las Vegas Rocks:
10. Ubiqitous all-you-can-eat buffets.
9. Finest restaurants in the world.
8. There are more strip clubs this side of the Mississippi.
7. 24-hour liquor sales
6. Residents enjoy warm weather all year round; it's shorts wearing weather, baby!
5. Suburban sprawl.
4. Nevada's unemployment rate is among the lowest in the nation.
3. Where else can you get laid at one of over 100,000 hotel rooms in the city?
2. Where else can you get married on a whim at a wedding chapel, then get it annuled 2 days later?
1. You lose all your money gambling.
"I love showgirls. They are the living, breathing embodiment of everything Las Vegas. I think they get a bad rap.
Casinos weren't built on people winning money.
After 9/11, I suggested that in order to revive the economy here, every man should get a lap dance."
--Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman
Thanks to this wonderful city, Nevada has one of the lowest tax rates in the U.S. because the gamblers literally "pay" our taxes for us.
Viva Las Vegas. At least I won't have to worry about paying 10% sales tax for everything I buy.
1)Most of you haters think its a place to bang hookers, get married to some bitch you just met, lose all your money gambling, the letter X, etc. 2)Tourist think its a nice city with casinos, lights, fine restaurants, good attractions etc. 3)But we residents think its a place that isn't filled with bullshit, good weather after you get used to it. Many people move out here from California because they need the money or recently lost their jobs.
1) rich guy: Hey man, lets go to Vegas to party, gamble and bang hookers.
2) tourist: Lets go to Vegas to have a nice vacation and to relax.
3) local resident: I moved to Vegas because the minimum wage is higher and they pay good money at the casino.
4) native resident: Vegas is a nice town especially father away from the Strip because you get no trouble and live peacefully.
Why does everyone hate Las Vegas? Have you ever even been there? The hotels are nothing short of amazing, roman palaces, Egyptian pyrmaids, Parisian Castles, transformed into Modern Hotels. The Club scene is off the wall, and the hotel pools are the best. Sure, there are ghetto parts of the city of sin but what city doesn't have that? Don't write a definition if you've never been there.
Stop hating on Las Vegas, people could do the same thing to where your from.
excess at its most excessive.
Everything that's bad about the United States
all rolled into one location.
A colossal waste of energy, in the middle of nowhere.
Las Vegas should be seen at least once, if only to prove that it really does exist, and isn't the demented fantasy of a Hollywood