A grossly misunderstood american martal art when well enough learnt can send any punk ass bitch twice the size and age of you to the ground
presumed by many to be a kicking form of boxing and only to consist of kicking
wrong! kickboxing is a combination of kicking and boxing thus "kickboxing"
kickboxing consists of both punches kicks blocks grabs etc etc etc
Big assed 30 yr old trying to mug me: hey you midget fucking move and ill kick your ass now gimme your wallet
me: fuck you fatty
big ass: *tries to kick me*
me: *grabs his ankle twists it till it breaks then sends a knockout punch to one of his temples
big ass: *unconsious*
me: *takes his wallet as payment for him trying to mug me*
Kickboxing is a martial art which was made for beating Muay Thai by Japanese boxing promotor Osamu Noguchi in 1950. Opponents are allowed to hit each other with fists and feet, hitting above the hip. Using elbows or knees is forbidden and the use of the shins is seldom allowed (except in Thai boxing, where the knee is also allowed).
Forms of kickboxing include:
- Pradal Serey (Khmer kickboxing) = A predecessor of Muay Thai
- Muay Thai (Thai boxing/kickboxing) = Strong emphasis on knee and elbow strikes
- Savate (French kickboxing) = Allows the use of shoes
- San Shou/Sanda (Chinese Kickboxing) = Takedowns and throws are legal
- Lethwei (Burmese Kickboxing) = Any part of the body may be used to strike and be struck
- Japanese kickboxing = Similar to Muay Thai, but different point system is taken
- Full Contact Karate (American Kickboxing) = Most of the time padding and in some cases body armour is used
- Shoot boxing = A Japanese form of kickboxing which allows throwing and submission while standing similar to San Shou
A lot of Americans will tell you that their country is solely responsible for kickboxing. But... While they had a big part in the development of it. It is originally derived from a combination of boxing, an English/European sport/method of fighting, and muay thai or thai boxing, another combat sport, but invented by the Thai people.
Kicboxing blends the kicking techniques (and knees and elbows if you're taught for street fighting too) of Muay Thai, with the more conventional punching and footwork techniques of western boxing.
All in all. It is the most popular "hybrid" as some people would call it, in the world. It is lots of fun, a good way to get some decent fitness, and a good skill to have.
If you did kickboxing with me, you wouldn't have had your arse kicked by that little girl.
busting out wild and deadly sick of it all dance moves in the middle of a hardcore punk rock mosh pit.
Similar to hardcore dancing
picking up change, the pizza maker, ropin' horses (requires 2 people), similar to emo tremble