They believe Japan is superior to every single culture out there, will try to speak/learn Japanese, and their cultural understanding of Japan stems from the anime/manga/J-music/fashion that they follow - ultimately forming a distorted view of a country.
They will often comment on how every other culture (esp their own) sucks in comparison to Japan and how they wish they lived there.
A: "Wow the Japanese are so original and brilliant. I love their lolita fashion and FF music! We Americans are so stupid compared to them!"
B: (face palms) "You know FF music is Classical music which is Western in origin not to mention lolita clothing as well."
"things" can be ANYTHING - so long as its somehow related to Japan, the Jtard will show a sudden heightened interest.
Common Symptoms of a Jtard are:
- complete obsession with "Japanese" things
- goes into COMPLETE denial when you tell a Jtard something they perceive to be Japanese isnt
- racist in the sense they believe Japanese is superior all others (ex. if an 'anime' isnt Japanese made, a Jtard will deem it a cartoon or of lessor value)
- express ridiculous love of the Japanese Culture (while having very little actual knowledge of it)
- express love for the Japanese language and often try but fail to learn it
- believes Japan is the most perfect utopia to have ever graced the Earth (without knowledge of political and social aspect of Japan society IRL)
- Completely ignorant to Japanese HISTORY (other than their favorable samurai anime era)
- has a huge stash of J-stuffs
- an Otaku
- falsely believes other Asian cultures are Japanese
- is extremely annoying to non-Jtard in their non-stop usage of pseudo-Japanese, anime-reference that no one understands, and misconceptions of actual J-culture
- Takes extreme offense to anything negative about Japan. The Jtard refuses to believe anything can be negative about Japan other their own preconceived notions.
- Lacks awareness of the real world events. View of world is thru an anime.
Jtard: "Ahh I love Japanese, its the most beautiful language in the world... listen to those Japanese girls talking over there!"
Person: "um. Those are Koreans."
Jtard: "NO THEY ARE NOT THEYRE JAPANESE! I CAN TELL, I LOVE JAPAN!"
Person: "sigh.... Jtard"
Person: "Whatcha doing?"
Jtard: "Looking for anime to watch."
Person: "That one looks good."
Jtard: "Ew, it was drawn by a Caucasian, its a total anime wannabe, so pathetic, I'm not watching it."
-- silence --
Person: "You draw right?"
Jtard: "Yeah, so whats your point?"
Person: -_- (stupid Jtard... he just racism'd against him/herself)