Desire for something that may be sought irrespective of the consequences..
Can apply to humans, love, drugs, whatever.
Man, I've been jonesin' for days!
April 3, 2005 Urban Word of the Day
Can be used as a verb (Jonesing) or a noun (a jones). Describes a state in which one experiences strong desire or attraction, often of a sexual nature. Equiv. "to fancy" "crushing on" "to want"
She's been jonesin him for months.
He's got a major jones for her.
verb: when one searches the bowl and uncovers some hidden nugs once the bowl was said to be "kicked" or "cashed" or just full of ash and keeps the bowl alive.
Person 1: Yo man I think that bowl is kicked bro.
Person 2: Aight man lemme try to Jones around a lil bit, see what I can do.
*Person 2 sparks up a new nug*
1 (Proper) A common surname in English-speaking countries such as The U.S., The U.K., and Canada, the fourth-most common in the United States, according to the U.S. Census.
2 (n.) A slang term for heroin.
3 (n.) An addiction to heroin.
4 (n.) An extreme desire for something such as a drug, a food, etc. which could be considered on par with the desire associated with that of of a heroin addict.
5 (v.) To long for or desire something in such a way.
1. Indiana Jones can make even that lame-ass fedora look cool.
2. My brother just got shot in a drive-by, trying to score some jones off his dealer.
3. Tom has taken up clawing at his flesh as a counter-measure to deal with his jones.
4. I woke my girlfriend up and made her drive me all the way to Wal-mart when I started jonesing for some Cherry Coke.
An obsession; a burning desire. The undeniable passion or love for someone or something.
"Basketball Jones, I got a basketball jones, I got a basketball jones ooh baby..."
Verb, Noun or Adjective.
The Jones expression is used mainly to refer to people, things and actions that are totally awesome. The expression derives from the football player Phil Jones, who will be Manchester United FC's best ever player, though some say he already is. .
1. That guy is the best! He's totally Jones.
2.Good, better, best, Jones.
3. Aww.. Van Persie scored a Jones!
4. Look at him schooling that guy, he was Jones'd!