1. Hire a team of talented joke writers.
2. Take credit for their jokes and deliver them in a much-too-excited voice.
3. Show a video clip of a politician saying something fairly innocuous and mundane.
4. After the clip, stare at the camera with an incredulous-but-shrewd look on your face.
5. Maintain this look as the audience wets themselves with laughter.
6. Repeat steps 3 thru 5 several times.
7. Bring on guests to interview. Rudely interrupt them often, and twist their words around.
8. Get paid more, and more, and more, as you draw in vast numbers of sheep-like viewers.
I'd love to have a career in comedy, but I'm just not really that talented.
No problem, just use the Jon Stewart formula!
Awesome idea! Thanks!