2. An openly homosexual man that is likeable and entertaining, not an irritating, campy caricature that talks like Hannah Barbera's Snagglepuss.
3. Term given to describe an act witnessed or heard that is so crude, repulsive or taboo that it previously had never even been conceived of nor would you ever have thought it would be manifested. Yet despite the distasteful feelings you have you are still morbidly fascinated by the subject matter.
4. Esoteric term to describe a cast and/or director's commentary that's actually interesting to listen to.
"That's a fine John Waters you've got there but you're no Errol Flynn."
2. "At first I was a little worried about meeting your friend when you mentioned he was gay but he's a regular John Waters."
3. "I first witnessed a John Waters when I was shown 2 Girls, 1 Cup."
"My sicko boyfriend pulled a real John Waters today."
"What did he do!"
"He was playing with the kitten, dangling a dead mouse above it's head!"
"That's not so shocking."
"Really? What do you do with YOUR sullied tampons?"
4. "I am a big Jimmy Stewart fan but I had stop the Winchester 73 commentary after three minutes. John Waters it aint!"