1) protends of being every day lower to middle class yet makes a butt load of cash ($250k+).
2) is unclear on the concept of taxable income versus business revenues (one is taxable, the other is not the value to which your taxes are based). Joe Plumber fails to realize if he collects $250k for his services, he is only taxed on the profits which are assuredly far less that $250k.
Joe the Plumber: Hey man, these taxes stink. I made $260k last year and because of Obama, I had to pay slightly higher taxes on the $10k above the first $250k.
Joe Six Pack: Yeah, that's rough. At my house we are having squirrel stew since we can't afford food.
Joe the Plumber: Damn, I made $260k last year and now I gotta pay more taxes.
Joe Bag-o-donuts: You made $260k? How come you don't have a house, sweet ride, or hot wife?
Joe the Plumber: Oh well, that's just what I collected. I only brought home like $40k.
Joe Bag-o-donuts: You suck at math.
2. Nickname for Joe Wurzelbacher during the 2008 US presidential election, who got his 15 minutes of fame by confronting Barack Obama with a hypothetical scenario of buying the plumbing business he worked for that would allegedly put him in the top tax bracket. The actual income of the business he was babbling about didn't reach above a quarter of the taxable income needed before the threshold.
2. Aight, so I called up my dawg named Joe Wurzelburger.. Wurzelb... Joe the Plumber, and his imaginal business would be taxed higher in that one's tax plan!
Friend to all?
2) Joe the Plumber is everyone's fair weather friend.